Winter or Summer?

By Pudsey, in 2. AGoT Rules Discussion

I have started playing this excellent game with my son. From time to time we come across text boxes that say 'if it is Summer.............' or 'if it is Winter........'. How do you know if it is Summer or Winter? Is it something to do with plot cards or Agenda cards? Please help!

There are Raven cards that will make it winter or summer. The one that I have attaches to my house card. You will know if it is winter or summer because you will have a card in play that says so.

Check out this website and search for ravens: http://agot.dbler.com/

Don

There's other cards beside the White Raven/Black Raven attachments that make it a season. What's important to understand is that there are no rules for summer and winter -- the mechanic is entirely fueled by card effects. You have cards that say it is summer or winter, and you have cards that play off this with texts like "If it is summer ... ."

Thanks for your quick reply and all the links. I have all of the chapter packs - but we haven't used them yet - still experimenting with the expansions.

Thanks Don - the Dabbler is great!

What would happen when you have the Crown of Winter "Unless a black raven is in play, it's Winter" AND the Crown of Meeren also in play "Unless a white raven is in play, it's Summer" Can they co-exist or does it go right into spring? >.>

Eisenmerc said:

What would happen when you have the Crown of Winter "Unless a black raven is in play, it's Winter" AND the Crown of Meeren also in play "Unless a white raven is in play, it's Summer" Can they co-exist or does it go right into spring? >.>

It is then both Winter and Summer at the same time.

The reason this doesn't happen with the White Raven and Black Raven is because they remove all other Raven attachments from play when they enter play.

Can someone give me some examples of cards that make it Summer or Winter?

Summer: Black Raven, Crown of Meereen, Crown of Azor Ahai

Winter: White Raven, Crown of Winter, Crown of Azor Ahai, Cotter Pyke