Grey Knights storm bolter

By Azetizan, in Deathwatch House Rules

I'm planning on adding a Grey Knight to my Deathwatch game, using the Daemon Hunter book. While most things line up nicely (as intended), I noticed astartes storm bolters in Daemon Hunter only deal 1d10+9 damage instead of the 2d10+5 damage dealt by astartes storm bolters in Deathwatch. It says their "advantages they gain from their size and superior ammunition quality" are included in this figure; dealing less damage on average isn't much of an advantage. I don't have the Dark Heresy core book, so I'm guessing that astartes storm bolters are weaker there than in Deathwatch, in which case I should just use the Deathwatch statistics.

No, the book is just using the errata damages for all Deathwatch weapons - check the last section of the errata.

Its using the post faq weapon damages, which is more balanced and in-line with dark heresy bolter (1d10 +9 vs 2d10 +4). But notice while the damage is post faq, the ROF is pre faq. WTF?

It's a better Storm Bolter?

If your using post faq stats then yes, the GK storm Bolter is Better.

Woah, the copy of the errata I had was wildly different than the current copy. Also, I meant to post this in the rules questions thread, so thanks for answering it anyway guys.

It is interesting that the errata stats were labelled as "alternative" rules to speed up play, but they are now fairly obviously increasingly being treated as the official stats.

borithan said:

It is interesting that the errata stats were labelled as "alternative" rules to speed up play, but they are now fairly obviously increasingly being treated as the official stats.

Because unlike the non-alternative official stats, they're mostly sane?

borithan said:

Well, given that those damage benchmarks are essentially those used for Black Crusade, I don't find this to be at all surprising.