A Couple Questions

By zaxisprime, in Talisman

I love this game, but my friends and I find the rules to be a little vague in some areas.

Q1- Are creatures encountered as a result of a die roll on a location like the tavern or a location card like the cavern treated like other creature encounter cards and can be kept as trophies to level up your strength or craft?

Scenario: A character is killed on a "draw 1 card" space dropping 3 items and there are two 7craft creatures left on that space.

Q2- The next person to land on that space must encounter both creatures, who combine their craft and fight as one, correct?

Q3- Assuming the creatures are defeated, can the player pick up all the items(assuming they can carry them all) or can they only pick one since it is a draw one card space?

Any clarification on rules would be great.

Maybe we could make a sticky topic at the top of the forum for eratta and rules clarifications?

Thanks

zaxisprime said:

I love this game, but my friends and I find the rules to be a little vague in some areas.

Q1- Are creatures encountered as a result of a die roll on a location like the tavern or a location card like the cavern treated like other creature encounter cards and can be kept as trophies to level up your strength or craft?

No, there are no trophies from those enemies.

As for your other questions: The second character has to fight Craft 14 enemy (2x7), if he wins he can pick up all the items (he can carry).

Please correct me if I'm wrong but from what I can see the rules on multiple enemies only apply to enemies attacking with STRENGTH and only if they have the same encounter number. So if you encountered a Strength 4 enemy and a Strength 7 enemy, you would roll one dice and add the result to 11 (4+7). [p.10 of the 4.5 Rulebook)

However in the example you gave with two CRAFT enemies, you would attack them individually. Roll for the first monster +7 craft, resolve the combat then repeat. If you won both you could collect the items.

---

More Than One Enemy
If there is more than one Enemy that attacks by Strength on a
space and they have the same encounter number, they fight as
one during the battle, adding their Strength together with just
one attack roll to make a single, combined attack score.

---

maphisto_2000 said:

Please correct me if I'm wrong but from what I can see the rules on multiple enemies only apply to enemies attacking with STRENGTH and only if they have the same encounter number. So if you encountered a Strength 4 enemy and a Strength 7 enemy, you would roll one dice and add the result to 11 (4+7). [p.10 of the 4.5 Rulebook)

However in the example you gave with two CRAFT enemies, you would attack them individually. Roll for the first monster +7 craft, resolve the combat then repeat. If you won both you could collect the items.

---

More Than One Enemy
If there is more than one Enemy that attacks by Strength on a
one during the battle, adding their Strength together with just

---

I would suggest that the passage in question has been lifted from the original 1st/2nd edition manual and so works the same way

The description for Combat in general was made for Strength and the "Psychic Combat" section was "same as for Combat except Craft rather than Strength and no object can prevent a loss of life"

So you do add them toegther.

but hey, I could be wrong.

I copied that straight out of the Revised 4th Edition Rules. But reading on to P.12

--

Psychic combat is resolved in exactly the same manner as
battles (see “Battles” on page 10), except:

1. Craft is substituted for Strength.
2. No Object can prevent the loss of a life.

--

Would indicate my earlier post was incorrect and the official 4.5 ruling is:

---

More Than One Enemy
If there is more than one Enemy that attacks by Strength [OR CRAFT] on a
one during the battle, adding their Strength [/CRAFT] together with just

---

You do add them together. The next page of the rule book states:

Resolving Psychic Combat
Psychic combat is resolved in exactly the same manner as
battles (see “Battles” on page 10), except:
1. Craft is substituted for Strength.
2. No Object can prevent the loss of a life.

<edit> and a double post! gran_risa.gif