A disappointment

By Gicih, in Blood Bowl: Team Manager

With all the hype and wait for BB:TM I'm beginning to worry that this is going to major fail. I love BB, but cant help but feel that this isnt ging to be what I want. Anyone else agree, or disagree?

Gicih said:

With all the hype and wait for BB:TM I'm beginning to worry that this is going to major fail. I love BB, but cant help but feel that this isnt ging to be what I want. Anyone else agree, or disagree?

Entirely disagree - I did up a review in the other thread if you want to read my opinions. While I don't know what it is that you want. This game turned out to be exactly what I wanted, though until playing it I didn't know what it was that I wanted. Could they have done more with it - sure - every game can have more done with it. But it distils the essence of Blood Bowl into an accessible 2-4 player game. Without rehashing my review, they nailed it.

+1. Easily one of the most fun little card games I've played in a long time and it captures the feel of running a BB team in a card game format perfectly.

We started joking it was Fantasy Fantasy Football.

+1. I'm glad they took a different approach than what I expected actually. I was expecting BB matches through cards where they would stay close to the original BB. But seeing now how you play a full season through 'highlights' makes it feel quite fresh. I'm not so sure BB really has the potential of being a full-fledged LCG. Seeing it in this format with an occasional POD expansion sounds like a great approach.

I have never played Blood Bowl and I went into GenCon with this completely off my radar. But, there was a demo table opening up Thursday morning so I sat down and tried it, finished my demo and shook my butt into the line to buy it before it sold out. It was a fun little game with a very cool theme.

Dafmetal said:

+1. I'm glad they took a different approach than what I expected actually. I was expecting BB matches through cards where they would stay close to the original BB. But seeing now how you play a full season through 'highlights' makes it feel quite fresh. I'm not so sure BB really has the potential of being a full-fledged LCG. Seeing it in this format with an occasional POD expansion sounds like a great approach.

Agreed, this is a game that would never have worked well as an LCG. I think the way they are doing it, which sorta matches the original BB is the better approach. Core game, then maybe 2-4 more expansions with 4-6 teams in them each and possibly a few more of the other cards in each one. Then once that's done, you've got all you need with this game.

so, ill be honest lol ive never heard of blood bowl till this game. When I seen this game I thought huh managing a team this might be boring lol but then I read the back of it at the store and realized who, this is a lot like a game that I love to play on the sega genesis called mutant league football but in card form. and figured since it was the only copy of the game in store at the time I went a head and bought it lol. so when I got home I looked it up and found out Wow BB has been out for quite some time how did I never here about this game? but from what I could tell getting a lot of people to play blood bowl is a lot harder than teaching them a card game so im glad I got the tm bb cause I have a hard enough time explaining the rules to the new people wanting to play this card game lol. but I would love to someday play a full game of the actual board game. I thought about joining the online game but my job really does prevent me from being home on any regular basis so I tend not to play the online games. ps over night I instantly became a huge BB fan, watched videos of the games being played, and is in the midst of buying a BB game for my ds system, figured id give it a try. Blood Bowl rules :)

I totallly loved the concept, the art, the flavour and the whole game. I never heard about Blood Bowl 'til this card game, but thanks to it I'm really hungry for the entire franchise.

With two expansions out in the stores this game is going exactly where was planned to.

I really hope GW gives the license to FFG to publish the new miniature game.