1-4 players

By ImmortalJedi, in Star Wars: The Card Game

So, there will be a way to play this game by yourself? I don't play any of FFG's other LCGs (although I've always been tempted by Game of Thrones), but can any of those also by played solo? I'm curious to see how that will work...

ImmortalJedi said:

So, there will be a way to play this game by yourself? I don't play any of FFG's other LCGs (although I've always been tempted by Game of Thrones), but can any of those also by played solo? I'm curious to see how that will work...

THe only one I know of that can be played solo is the LotR LCG, which is another Co-operative LCG that the Star Wars LCG will be copying, to an extent I imagine. THe only way to play the other three LCGs solo is to take control of the other players deck, but, it's no where near as fun as the LotR LCG solo play.

They have other games that are solo too. Elder Sign comes out later this month.

SeerMagic said:

True, but Elder Sign isn't technically a LCG like he was asking about, but you're right, that's an upcoming standalone Card Game that can be played solo.

SeerMagic said:

Besides the game you mention above, are there other solo-play games? I was unaware that solo gameplay of this type existed until very recently. The ability to play solo is ultimately what convinced me to pony up $40 last month for a new card game. I am interested in any other games that have this same type of solo play.

I have been extremely pleased with the way LOTR plays solo. Having had such a fun experience so far, I was like a giddy child when I first read the news that this SW game would have solo play as well. Playing solo still lets me have all the fun of customizing decks, creating card combos, and all that good stuff that I love about CCGs, but then I don't have to drive 10 miles to the nearest games shop to play against a bunch of fat dudes* that smell like B.O. and have no life whatsoever outside of gaming while my family is at home wondering why I'm not spending time with them instead. LOTR:LCG is still in its infancy, but so far I find the solo play to be challenging, engaging, and full of variety. It has exceeded my expectations.

Is it possible to pre-order this SW game??? :D

*Note: if you are one of these fat smelly dudes, I still love you. I was just making a point ;)

Vase said:

SeerMagic said:

Besides the game you mention above, are there other solo-play games? I was unaware that solo gameplay of this type existed until very recently. The ability to play solo is ultimately what convinced me to pony up $40 last month for a new card game. I am interested in any other games that have this same type of solo play.

I have been extremely pleased with the way LOTR plays solo. Having had such a fun experience so far, I was like a giddy child when I first read the news that this SW game would have solo play as well. Playing solo still lets me have all the fun of customizing decks, creating card combos, and all that good stuff that I love about CCGs, but then I don't have to drive 10 miles to the nearest games shop to play against a bunch of fat dudes* that smell like B.O. and have no life whatsoever outside of gaming while my family is at home wondering why I'm not spending time with them instead. LOTR:LCG is still in its infancy, but so far I find the solo play to be challenging, engaging, and full of variety. It has exceeded my expectations.

Is it possible to pre-order this SW game??? :D

*Note: if you are one of these fat smelly dudes, I still love you. I was just making a point ;)

Well, I can't think of any more solo card games (LCG or CCG) off the top of my head, but if you're looking for a board game that can be played solo or with a team, I'd recommend Arkham Horror.

If it's solo card games you're after then it's a little limited. Elder Signs coming out will be solo playable. The new updated Red November uses cards now and is solo playable. There's also a game called The isle of Dr Necreaux. The Dungeoneer card game series has solo play variants available on BGG. For board games you have far more available to you. Arkham Horror, Pandemic, Witch of Salem, Race for the Galaxy, A touch of Evil. These are all Co-op games that can be played solo.

Space Hulk Death Angel - Warhammer 40k based card game. 1-4 players.

pic864017.jpg

Flash Point - Board game, Rescue team having to say people from a burning building. 1-6 players.

pic760162_md.jpg

Dungeon Run - Board/card game. Goal is to get through a dungeon, get out with the treasure. 1-6 players.

pic988331_md.jpg

K2 - Players try to climb a mountain. Well rated game. 1-5 players.

pic819503_md.jpg

Ghost Stories - Very popular Ghost catching game. 1-4 players.

pic346826_md.jpg

Elder Sign - New card/dice game set in the Arkham Horror world. 1-8 players.

game-layout-elder-sign.png