Dead forum, lets discuss something :)

By Drakkkan, in StarCraft

So I see forum is dead now, so people, lets discuss something. Any interesting situation recently playing Starcraft ? What is your favourite race ? any cool house-rules ?

For our group, as we are still begginers, game every times ended with CP victory. For now I see almost impossible to defeat any other player entirely within lets say 7-10 turn. We usually play 1vs1 and game is "decided" at the beginning, for player who has more CP fileds.

Our rules when playing:

- receive 3 planet tokens, than every player place two planets during galaxy setup

- we draw random Leadership card in every stage of the game (for coresponding race of course). This is quite fun, because I see some leadership card little stronger, than the others.

- nuke does collateral damage

welcome any discussion topic from you !

I had one game where I beat my one opponent in just 2 rounds! The first round, I expanded to the same planet as he did and I destroyed all of his units (barely). Then, on the second round, I placed my last order token on his home planet that had nothing but a base. My order token was on the top of the stack. That 2nd round, he was the "first player" and would have started by building some units before I could invade his planet, but he was forced to play his mobilize order first. However, he had not had a chance to build any new units, so he had nothing to mobilize.

I then built a base, then built a transport and new units, and then moved units to his planet so that he could not build in any areas on his home planet. All the while, his three remaining order tokens were covered, so he could not play them. Once I was occupying all of the areas on his home planet, his order tokens became useless and thus I won the game quickly and easily. Fastest game of SC:TBG ever!

Normally, he would have beaten me because he is actually very good at strategy games. He was just having an off-day, I guess.

Wh0isTh3D0ct0r said:

I had one game where I beat my one opponent in just 2 rounds! The first round, I expanded to the same planet as he did and I destroyed all of his units (barely). Then, on the second round, I placed my last order token on his home planet that had nothing but a base. My order token was on the top of the stack. That 2nd round, he was the "first player" and would have started by building some units before I could invade his planet, but he was forced to play his mobilize order first. However, he had not had a chance to build any new units, so he had nothing to mobilize.

I then built a base, then built a transport and new units, and then moved units to his planet so that he could not build in any areas on his home planet. All the while, his three remaining order tokens were covered, so he could not play them. Once I was occupying all of the areas on his home planet, his order tokens became useless and thus I won the game quickly and easily. Fastest game of SC:TBG ever!

Normally, he would have beaten me because he is actually very good at strategy games. He was just having an off-day, I guess.

souds really nice ! :D we usually play 2 players game but I do not think somethin like this is possible. If one player start to defend himself, usually he sucess...I have never try to attack him first round however, will give a try ! :)