Looking for a game in Birmingham UK

By Mykel The Vile, in A Game of Thrones LCG

Hi There

My names Mick Im 35 and Ive recently boght Game of Thrones LCG core set and have been trying to play with my eldest Lad but were struggling.

Game seems pretty complex and we have no background knowledge in these types of games.

If anyone is interested in having a game and showing me the ropes just drop me a line, I would be much appriciated.

I live in North Birmingham and have my own transport.

Cheers.

Mick

If there is a group meeting or something like that around the West Midland area, that would be handy to know as well.

I did read on one of the threads that there maybe a Birmingham UK group. Does anyone know of this group ?

Any help would be much appreciated, we spent hours last night trying to work out how to play, got the jist a bit but seems like we ended up with more questions

than answers.

Cheers

Mick

Hi Mick, I'm Sam. I live in the Coventry area and I've had the chance to play AGoT about ten times with friends. No one had played it before at my gaming group so I've had to explain the rules and strategies numerous times to different players. At this point, I think I'm quite familiar with the rules! Of course, it helps that I compulsively read and re-read the rules and errata if I'm doing nothing else!

If you want we can try and arrange something. My e-mail is on my profile.

Hi Sam

Defo mate. I went up Stoke on Trents "Guys that Game" shop earlier today and recieved a fantastic in-game tutorial from a fella called John.

The place was rammed all 2 floors and quite alot playing GOT. Eddie who runs it is a smashing bloke and Im definately going back up when Im more

accomplished at playing.

Learned the game today and have jmust stopped playing. Completely addictive.

Will give you a tinkle via your profile Tomorrow mate.

Cheers

Mick.

We have some GoT players (such as myself) in Burton on Trent (which, depending on where 'North Birmingham' means, as that's a big area, could be pretty close) at Portal Wargaming Club on Wednesdays. The core of the club is Warhammer/40k/etc but there's a healthy Magic base and four or five of us who have GoT on us most weeks.

Just facebook Portal Wargaming Club and see what we're up to, or drop me a message.