The Unofficial Runewars Strategy Guide v1.0

By Wanderer999, in Runewars

Gentlemen, the guide is here at last :)

www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/68833/runewars-strategy-guide

This is once again, not possible were it not for the generous contributions of the veteran runewars players here. Their names are all stated accordingly in the guide.

P.S: Alot of time and effort was put into the guide, so do invest at least a glance at it. I believe it will be helpful to players of all levels - amateurs to professional gamers alike!

I just finished reading the guide and I must say that this is pretty good. However, there's a mistake on page 18 in the Ronan of the Wild's description. A hero can only activate the exploration token on the area in which he ends his move, so even if Ronan can move up to three spaces, he cannot activate more than one exploration token per summer season.

Thanks for both your much appreciated compliment and your proof reading. I will edit the mistake along with others mentioned. Do write in if more mistakes have been discovered.

I've only skimmed through it so far, but it does look interesting. Hopefully I'll get a chance to read it more in-depth sometime soon.

Hi:

I second the praise for thee, Wanderer!

Much obliged!

L

Now, if only someone would take the time to create sucha guide for Age of Conan... Or Tannhauser...

Thank you very much for the guide! I would like to participate! thanks again for your hard work.

Great! The more advice the better!~ We will begin working on the next edition as soon as Banners of War hits the tables worldwide!

just like sigmazero13 I've only skimmed through it so far but from the looks of it I must say it is really awesome, some darn good work you've done!

Hello everyone! It's time once again, to appeal to all the Runewars veterans out there to help contribute their strats for the new unofficial guide that I will be compiling to create part 2 of Runewars Strategy Guide.

I really need advice and help on ALL types of Runewars: Banners of War stuff. From when to use vampires over necromancers, to when to raze a city with a rune in it.

As before, please please contribute! There are few veteran RW players as it is, and rarer few who are willing to spare the time to offer their piece of advice. Like before, I will promise to throw in everything I have on my own side to help flesh out the guide. Please reply to this thread so that I can consolidate the pieces. All credit will be given duly.

Good work. Some corrections

1. Mordrog's strength is listed as "2" (should be "4" IIRC)
  2. "A Shepherd Of Monsters" suggests moving a Hero into neutral monsters with a Strategize order. This isn't possible with Strategize.

No worries about the old corrections.

I have already noted them all down. They will be changed along with the new expansion's strats.

No takers? sad.gif

I'm hoping that's because not many own the expansion....?

It really would be good even if you could add a line of advice.

Vampires combine well with razorwings, they both fly and the razorwing route ability synergizes well with the vampires ability. If you have access to a city that produces triangles then you can build a vampire+razorwing force and really harrass people.

Otherwise it usually isn't worth recruiting vampires over necros.

blarknob said:

Otherwise it usually isn't worth recruiting vampires over necros.

Until you run out of Necros anyway :D

Wow Wanderer, awesome job on the guide. This is valuable info and your work and time of this must have been loooooooooooooong and tedious, but the result is really really great.

Thanks a bunch for your time on the guide, it's really appreciated.

It's not really just me you know?

I took alot of advice from my friends here. But it seems like not many own the expansion, or they have moved on to other games. I am having bad luck getting more advice for the expansion.

Hi Wanderer, I recently discovered your strategy guide and it helped us a lot. Thanks for that! Did you succeed building an updated version that includes Banners of War?

I just read it this week too! It was really great. I want add to it, but alas, my Runewars game is actually a Christmas present for this year, so I won't be getting any games in until December. When I do get some plays in, I'll be happy to put in some thoughts on Banners of War and the Revised Edition.