Suggestion if there is a new printrun: Be more colorblind friendly

By Spieler681349, in Death Angel

Hi,

I'm red/green colorblind and have a very hard time distinguishing the terminators of certain teams. I have solved this by simply writing down on paper who is on which team but I think it could be solved very easily:

Put the team icon on the Space Marine cards somewhere like you did for the action cards (where the icon is on the back).

my condolences man, I have exactly the same problem and its a horror to choose correct teams sometimes

I'm not colourblind to any degree, and I still have trouble. The cards could use more differentiation.

The Space Marines Mission Pack has the team icon on the marines cards, just a shame the other teams still have the generic aquilla.

TriumphantOgre said:

The Space Marines Mission Pack has the team icon on the marines cards, just a shame the other teams still have the generic aquilla.

I agree. The eight-pointed star is much better icon/symbol than an aquilla cool.gif .

Yeah agree that the wishy washy colours are bad, color-blind or not. Yellow, green, navy, green, orange v red...all rather hard to see.

evilidler said:

I'm not colourblind to any degree, and I still have trouble. The cards could use more differentiation.

I took my tokens and scanned them (actually just hit the copy button twice). Then I cut out the symbols and inserted them inside the card sleeves towards the middle bottom edge. Works great. It doesn't move around unless you are flinging cards. I just did the one side so I can easily find the cards for setup instead of trying to match the specific Marine picture.

Almost tempted to redo all the Marine Cards in Photoshop with the symbol on it and sleeve them, but this will do me fine for now.

I hope this helps.

This image is from http://wargamecenter.wordpress.com/2010/10/26/review-space-hulk-%E2%80%93-death-angel-the-card%C2%A0game/

The above image is from wargamecenter.wordpress.com/2010/10/26/review-space-hulk-%E2%80%93-death-angel-the-card%C2%A0game/

JackhammerJohn said:

I took my tokens and scanned them (actually just hit the copy button twice). Then I cut out the symbols and inserted them inside the card sleeves towards the middle bottom edge. Works great. It doesn't move around unless you are flinging cards. I just did the one side so I can easily find the cards for setup instead of trying to match the specific Marine picture.

Almost tempted to redo all the Marine Cards in Photoshop with the symbol on it and sleeve them, but this will do me fine for now.

I hope this helps.

This image is from http://wargamecenter.wordpress.com/2010/10/26/review-space-hulk-%E2%80%93-death-angel-the-card%C2%A0game/

The above image is from wargamecenter.wordpress.com/2010/10/26/review-space-hulk-%E2%80%93-death-angel-the-card%C2%A0game/

JackhammerJohn said:

I posted my examples on Boardgamegeek today. They are pending approval as of 1/31/12.

www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1222943/space-hulk-death-angel-the-card-game

www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1222944/space-hulk-death-angel-the-card-game

LOL, looking at the cards enlarged shows that I can't cut a circle. Looks a lot better in real life.

For some reason it is taking forever for boardgamegeek to approve the images. I uploaded them into my gallery.

Try: www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1227407/jackhammerjohn

and: www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1227408/jackhammerjohn

Just a FYI - these tokens that I slipped in the plastic sleeves have made a world of difference in organizing and picking out cards! I hope someone else can benefit from this.