Odd or Even Orc deck.

By PluTT2, in Warhammer Invasion Deck Building

Been playing around with this deck and have found that it works pretty well. I would appreciate some feedback though.

Here is the deck: http://deckbox.org/sets/63534

I like the idea, hopefully they'll add even more support for it. But right now you have 24 even cards in your deck (including the gambling goblins). Wouldn't you want all odd cards except for those 6? As it is, you have about a 45% chance of the negative effect on the gambling gobs.

Statistics aside, I played a game where my deck was heavily stacked with odd numbered cards. I had two of the Night Goblin Fanatic units in my battlefield and they were able to regularly take out opposing units including Whilhelm. They really are a powerful unit if you can stack the deck in their favor.

Only 10 cards are even and 6 of those are Night goblins and Sneaky git. So it's hard to get a higher amount of odd cards if I don't want to remove my control cards. By the way: 0 is an odd number since an even number is defined as any number divisable by 2 that results in a non-decimal number. Also the rules state that a printed cost of X = 0 hence it is odd too.

Any tips on how to make this deck cooler now that a few more packs have been released?

Consider Fists of Mork, it's a 1 cost card and you may put it on top of your deck after playing it. With this combination you will have a 100% chance of triggering the Fanatic or the Git. Also try to fit in Squig Pen or Grimgors Camp, i guess some more economy in supports would not hurt. And another good one would be warpstone experiments for 1 gold. It is more flexible then waaagh and kind of replaced it as a damage booster.

PluTT said:

By the way: 0 is an odd number since an even number is defined as any number divisable by 2 that results in a non-decimal number.

You are free to believe 0 is odd, but then you will lose against a mathematician. Replacing the 0 cost cards with ones whose cost is odd is the first step to improving the deck.

Wikipedia has quite a good article on the parity of zero you should check out. Even by your own definition however, 0 would be even.

Mallumo said:

You are free to believe 0 is odd, but then you will lose against a mathematician. Replacing the 0 cost cards with ones whose cost is odd is the first step to improving the deck.

Wikipedia has quite a good article on the parity of zero you should check out. Even by your own definition however, 0 would be even.

I stand partly corrected. I failed to clarify that i was talking about natural numbers and not integers. But I wonder what FFG thinks.

The fist of mork Idea is rather cool, keep em coming. =)

I don't want to take away from the very cool idea of making the odd/even orc deck, which is a lot of fun, but I do think we should come to some consensus of whether 0 is odd or even. Personally, I think it is an even number. There is even a thread where this topic was discussed. I messed up the example at the start of the thread, but basically zero is even. This has the potential to be a time-wasting annoyance in a tournament situation if someone sticks to the "zero is odd" line of reasoning, and as someone that once ran a tournament, there really is no time to get into a math discussion when it can be broken down into "yes or no".

On topic, I think the comment on warpstone experiments is great because it's a card you can always "afford to lose" if you flip it for the ability. Same with Fists of Mork. Also, if you are going to use Spida Huntin', maybe consider the Frenzied Big 'Un over Snotling Saboteurs. I haven't got a lot of use out of the Saboteur's ability, personally, and I think the Frenzied Big 'Un might be a more straightforward and awesome ability.

Holy crap, I just noticed that you are the same person I had this exact discussion about 0 with a while ago. Ignore my direction to the past postings if you already read and disagree with them, as I don't really want to start a fight about 0.

I stand partly corrected. I failed to clarify that i was talking about natural numbers and not integers. But I wonder what FFG thinks.

Probably that I'm wrong and cheesing a bit so I will just remove all 0 cards.

How about this? http://deckbox.org/sets/191443?

Sneaky Git and Fanatics can really cripple a guy. Added the wights for sniping and Dis burns gud for support destruction.

HappyDD said:

Holy crap, I just noticed that you are the same person I had this exact discussion about 0 with a while ago. Ignore my direction to the past postings if you already read and disagree with them, as I don't really want to start a fight about 0.

I don't think I am who you think I am. ;)

I'd say zero is even for sure :)

I would prefer Ugrok Beardburna over Marauding Giant, that way you can build up some sort of self-damage-deck in addition to the "odd" thing. Spida Huntin and 3x Urguck to support this even more. Big'Uns or Frenzied Big Un could be an option then. If you want to have some control elements you may put in Sorcerer of Tzeentch. Troll vomit might be even, but it is still the best reset for messed up situations. BTW i'd never thought one can build up a decent deck around this theme, very nice.

gr4ffi said:

I'd say zero is even for sure :)

I would prefer Ugrok Beardburna over Marauding Giant, that way you can build up some sort of self-damage-deck in addition to the "odd" thing. Spida Huntin and 3x Urguck to support this even more. Big'Uns or Frenzied Big Un could be an option then. If you want to have some control elements you may put in Sorcerer of Tzeentch. Troll vomit might be even, but it is still the best reset for messed up situations. BTW i'd never thought one can build up a decent deck around this theme, very nice.

http://deckbox.org/sets/192325?

I removed the giant, he was mostly in because he never sees use and he is a hard hitter, put in Beardburna, only 2 though because that is what I have. Removed Bash em to put back Spida huntin', I feel waaagh! works well with the goblin aspect of the deck. But I would really love to see Bash 'em in a deck some day. =)

So, what now?

Why there are no spider riders in it?