Finding Dracula, resolving encounters? (Sorry if this has been asked)

By Wordmaker, in Fury Of Dracula

I'm sure this has been clarified somewhere, but I couldn't find it in the FAQ.

When a Hunter moves onto Dracula's location, is the Encounter resolved before the fight with Dracula? After? Or not at all?

If Dracula moves onto a Hunter's location, does he place an Encounter? Or must he wait until after the fight with the Hunter is over? Does the Hunter play out the Encounter if one is placed?

I know the encounter is dealt with before Dracula when a hunter lands on his location. I don't know about him moving into a hunter's location offhand though. I think battles are done during the hunters turn so he does get to place an encounter.

Thanks. I had a feeling Encounters were resolved first, but I wanted to be sure.

I didn't realise that combat was carried out on the Hunter's turn, though. Does that mean that if Dracula moves onto a Hunter's location, the other Hunters have time to react and move to fight him as well?

I haven't played in a long time so I'm kind of rusty, but if Dracula moves into a hunter's location I think the hunter(s) fights him as soon as it's their turn. So if any other hunter's close enough you could move there and batle Dracula with both-all of them. Though if all of them can move to the same location I've got to wonder what the hell the Dracula player's been doing

No, combat is dealt with in Draculas turn as well. If Dracula moves into a city with a Hunter in it, then during his action phase he must attack the hunter (instead of placing an encounter). That is in the rulebook, but I don't have it in front of me atm.

Fabs is absolutely correct. Page 14 of the rulebook states...

If there are one or more Hunters in Dracula’s location, he must attack them as a group. Combat immediately begins (see “Combat” on page 15 and, if there are multiple Hunters, “Group Combat” on page 24).

Both Dracula and the Hunters have one movement phase and one action phase in their round. (Except on sea, there is no action phase for those who are sailing.) If in their action phase they are in an empty city they can kinda 'act freely' in the city: hunters can rest/resupply/ trade, Dracula can place encounters. If in their action phase they are not in an empty city than they should deal with the encounter/Dracula/Hunter. Maybe that's the easiest way to remember this.

And yes, encounters come first, than Dracula. Our dear Count is a coward, he doesn't protect with his own undead body a possible vampire before maturation in the same city if a hunter stumbles in. "I can always make more" he mutters as he walks away. happy.gif

Thanks for all the help. This'll make our games run much more smoothly.