Corrected Isle of Dread cards pictured on BGG?

By El Davicho, in Runebound

I know I saw a recent post on another topic saying FFG was not going to release corrected cards for the Isle of Dread errors (how about print on demand? pretty pretty please?)...I saw an image of all the characters on BGG with all the correct information.

boardgamegeek.com/image/148776/runebound-the-island-of-dread

Wondering where this image came from? Is there some source for corrected cards that I'm not aware of? Reprint, later copies, etc.?

From the look of the cards, these may have been done with a version of Jon New's RB plugin for Strange Eons. There are also a number of ways to use a scanner in multi-pass mode to pull in a quality de-moired copy of any artwork needed.

As far as I know, the only two Character cards that had errata were Lyssa and Grey Ker. There were Adventure cards that needed correcting as well. You can pick up a set of graphics for printing overlays (to slip into sleeves) for correcting all official errata cards by visiting HERE or seeking out my same package on the IoD page at BoardGameGeeks.com

It's not using the plug-in as that image was uploaded in 2006. They also look somewhat official given the texture of the cards themselves...

Jon, do you know if later editions of the expansion included corrected cards? If so, perhaps these were scanned from such a product.

I don't honestly know.

My copy, which was bought only last year, has the incorrect cards. It is possible that this is one of the first printings I guess...

I sent a message to Mike over at BGG and it turns out these cards are fresh out of the box.

So that means that he either got lucky and managed to get a corrected version in a reprint or I got unlucky and managed to find a 5 year old original expansion with the errors still intact! ...or both!!

Not to worry, with the errata and JC's corrected cards, it's certainly not a gamebreaker.

Weird, the pics were put up in 2006, a year after release.

I also just got my copy about a month ago, and I've got the misprints. I would think if they started printing the correct cards so early, most of the copies would be the corrected ones no?

Hey, what color is the FFG logo on your box? I notice that some places show IoD with the old orange logo and some with the blue...

My copy has the blue, and copyright in 2007...looks like it's the newer copies that have the error. The first printing is probably the correct cards.

Hmmm... stranger and stranger, but... easy enough to fix you're using card sleeves.

El Davicho said:

My copy has the blue, and copyright in 2007...looks like it's the newer copies that have the error. The first printing is probably the correct cards.

Correct. I have the first printing of the IoD and the cards are the correct ones. Articles of the incorrect cards started to pop up after the reprint of IoD.