Insane Investigators

By ManaUser, in Mansions of Madness

Hoe exactly does insanity (zero sanity) work?

From the book...

"The keeper may play insanity Trauma cards on an insane investigator as a keeper action."

-So played on the Keeper's turn during the action phase still only once per turn.

"the keeper may play Trauma cards on an insane investigator when the investigator would ordinarily have gained horror."

-The trauma cards are played just as normal though they wouldn't gain anymore horror tokens also still once per turn.

"An investigator only remains insane as long as he has 0 sanity. If his sanity increases above 0, he becomes sane again."

-So if a horror token is removed then they get to be sane again.

Did that help?

So basically the "freebie" insanity card each keeper turn is the only effect? I did see that, I just sort of expected it to do more.

The nastiest Trauma cards also require the targetted investigator to have 0 Sanity. "The Only Way Out" (aka suicide) is one of my favourites, but "Friend" can be just as nasty, popping a Tommy Gun blast into another investigator is always fun (as Keeper).

The character's can't continue to lose sanity and there a few really powerful trauma cards you can play on characters with zero sanity. In situations where the would lose sanity you can still play trauma cards on them.

Are the crazy investigator under the same rule of Trauma Cards? Only one for time?

I've believed that this crazy investigator will add the Trauma Cards!

Regards,

Gargula

It's still only one at a time, but the new card will remove the old one. So over the course of a few turns, your Zero-Sanity Investigator could potentially act pretty nuts!

thegreatslayer720 said:

From the book…

"The keeper may play insanity Trauma cards on an insane investigator as a keeper action."

-So played on the Keeper's turn during the action phase still only once per turn.

Did that help?

I think it's not limited by once per turn. During Keeper aciont phase, you may play insanity trauma cards on insane investigator as much as you want, but just resolve them one by one as single investigator are limited by one insanity trauma card.

Investigators can only have on insanity trauma card at a time? Do new ones replace the old ones? What about physical trauma cards? What is the limit of trauma cards a keeper can play on a single player per turn?

You can have one of each type of Trauma cards on each investigator at any given time. You can only place one of these cards on an investigator if A you have dealt the associated damage type or if it's a sanity card and the investigator has 0 sanity. if you dealt multiple damage on the investigator in the same round from different sources you could lay as many as the number of sources that had caused that damage would allow.