has anyone hear anything from anybody?

By ClanNatioy2, in Battlelore

I'm still hopeful that they will do a surprise release like what is happening with Dust Tactics at the moment.

A new revised core set, new FAQ, etc sounds pretty awesome.

Maybe the sales of the French repurposed sets have given an indication of the continued interest by the buying public for Battlelore.

Even though I'm only new to BL, I still have my fingers crossed that the system keeps on expanding.

I started thinking that making next edition releases is just taking money straight from our pockets when nothing brand new can be developed by FFG. Game of Thrones board game 2nd edition? Maybe Battlelore 2nd edition? Why to stop it when it`s so god **** good! And, btw, I just bought core set and its fantastic! Ok, I would like to have English booklet but well…

When I stumbled across Battlelore, I was lucky to find an English core set at a (relatively close) game store for $95. Now trying to get all the french expansions while they're still available (2 more to go). Love the core game though - haven't even moved on to any of the expansions yet.

yep, same here. there is plenty of stock in Poland for BL. I bought my stuff in the Netherlands, and I`m missing Hundred Years expansion here and in PL. From what I`vre read most of the figures from H-Years are in Chivalry (that is why I just bought one)

skolo said:

yep, same here. there is plenty of stock in Poland for BL. I bought my stuff in the Netherlands, and I`m missing Hundred Years expansion here and in PL. From what I`vre read most of the figures from H-Years are in Chivalry (that is why I just bought one)

Code of Chivalry actually only has one unit that hundred years war has. The only thing they share are arbalest equipped units.

Hundred years war also has one unit of red banner halberdiers, two units of blue banner spearmen and 4 horn blowers. I would highly recommend getting this expansion if you can.

ah.that is good and bad news. I cant find HY anywhere here :(

So ffg got the starwars license. ffg makes me very worried. It seems that they take on too many new games at one time and that their old games just get left behind because they're too busy supporting the new "hot" game. I hope this is not the case but it does have me worried.

Well I posted a comment onto the Facebook announcement with a suggestion of a battlelore starwars game...
I recommend everyone join in the fun...

Chris

And sadly, I cannot recall any ONE game company that has gotten the Star Wars license and was very profitable. I think the only one who seems to be is Mr Lucas and company for giving them out.

Cab

did the same.

omg: x-wing board game. pff

Decipher did really well with the card game just not really well managing the company. WEG seemed to do pretty well for a while. I think alot of companies in the 90s suffered from poor management. Several companies were ruined or seriously damaged due to management problems.

Wizards produced a good minis game, Decipher produced a cool card game and WEG produced the best RPG. Hopefully FFG can pull off all 3.

well, how many different minis can they have? In the whole universe, there's what maybe 10 fighter classes for each side and maybe 10 capital classes

also seems card heavy what with a dfferent pilot and droid for each ship

and you can really only have two factions - seems fairly limited

if they're going to a spaceship game they need to do star trek - 10 major factions with anywhere from 10-50 ships per faction

And now there's a second edition Descent game coming out.

Does this bode well for a Battlelore second edition? I hope so.

LurchBrick said:

And now there's a second edition Descent game coming out.

Does this bode well for a Battlelore second edition? I hope so.

On the grounds that no mention was made I don't think we'll see it this side of next Gencon, not unless something miraculous happens and they are able to sort out the base set issues.

I'm in two minds if I want a second edition that has been 'refined' by FFG (I don't have a lot of time for most of the BOW changes except for slide of morale but that is so easily ported it doesn't warrent a second ed.). A different base set with Elves and Torqs - classic match up and will draw in people with an existing base set, human army can then be released.

but good news for BL, I'm not feeling the love.

Chris

Did anyone attend Christian's thing yesterday at GenCon? Am curious what if anything he said about Battlelore. My guess is nothing but am curious.

Cab

I'm not sure you quite understand caboose's frustration. I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say caboose has been with battlelore since the beginning and caboose you can correct me if I'm wrong. So that's five years off supporting a game. Don't you think it would be pretty frustrating to see another game that has nothing to do with battlelore (except for sharing the colors green, blue, and red) while having a battlelore game on the front of every single one of it's products get expansion after expansion while we sit and wait to hear any news about the game that we really enjoy?

I'm sure it is frustrating, but frustration is no excuse for immaturity.

Dragonwhimsey: FFG are doing a lot of damage to their core players, they lost Universalheads awesome website, the Raven was awesome for promoting the game, I'd say UH and DoW relationship was one of the biggest wins DoW came up with and FFG pretty much threw it away

I totally agree. FFG is truly horrible at encouraging communities for their games. But that has nothing to do with BoW or even Battle Lore itself but is something that effects ALL of their games.

Descent sells better than BattleLore I'd bet, but they were in the dark even longer before 2nd edition was announced. You will have nothing telling you about a 2nd Edition of Battelore until only a few months till it comes out and if they totally abandon the franchise they will never tell you. FFG sucks that way. Once again not BoW's fault. Focus your anger where it belongs please.

Battles of Westeros fans have the right to enjoy their game and take joy in announcements for it without the constant whining of Battle Lore fans at every turn. All your doing is driving potential players from BOTH games. It's a toxic atmosphere you are creating. We should be on the same side in encouraging gamers to enjoy fantasy versions of the Command and Colors system. They're complimentary. Like when they used to have both D&D and AD&D.

I truly hope you guys do get a 2nd edition and that it addresses your concerns for both new stuff and doesn't make your old stuff useless. I hope it's so awesome but different from BoW that I want to get into it myself. But BoW has nothing to do with that one way or another. It's all on how well Battle Lore sells.

So save your venom for where it belongs. FFG's handling of player communities and lack of communication across ALL game lines. It's obviously a corporate policy however and has nothing to do with the individual heads of the game lines.

Despite Caboose's assumptions the BoW forum is not moderated, we don't hear from the designer, and we have no idea beyond the next expansion what they have in mind for the line. Before the announcement of "Brotherhood Without Banners" we too had to wonder if we would see anything new come out or if they were done.

We should be united in asking for more community involvement on FFG's part and more communication, not sniping at each other's games. Nothing is being accomplished that way.

I do not agree with this sentence:

I totally agree. FFG is truly horrible at encouraging communities for their games. But that has nothing to do with BoW or even Battle Lore itself but is something that effects ALL of their games.

Look at the Arkham forum for example. Strange Eons - something that was created FOR Arkham and was not "banned" like UH stuff on the web.
Talisman is floating around as well. Big community.

As far as "petition" is concerned - I`m all in. Let us write something across the forums, let us send it than to FFG chiefs.
Maybe they wont even bother, but...hope dies last ;-)