Rules Query?

By doctorgraw2, in Drakon

Since the essence of the rules of the game is each tile supercedes the rules as it were, here's one that came up in a recent game

Magical Harp requires that any player in an adjacent room that has an incoming arrow to the Harp must move into the Harp. I assume the design means that characters must if legal move in to the room and stops players moving through "closed" doors or back against arrows in the wrong direction meaning that players don't get called in then move to another tile then are automatically pulled back in etc etc

But then the Master key lets players in that room which has no arrows out or in move through any wall when leaving even against an arrow of an opposing room and has no outgoing arrows at all...

But what if the Magical harp is next the Master Key room, does it force a player to have to move in that way or not? Player managed to construct a closed loop of 4 rooms that acted as a gold hoover and this was the only place a harp could be placed to try and shut him down since no-one else could get in..

In the end, we ruled against the harp but curious how other players would treat this case, a theatric take is the harp calls to all adjacent rooms so it could be interpreted as a character going " wheee, I can go wherever I want, wait what's that cool noise, must go find out...."

------------
The Doctor

The magical harp only works when the adjacent room has an arrow pointing to it. If there are no arrows pointing to the room, you can't get to it. As for the magic key, it has no arrows at all, meaning you're not forced to go the harp room, you can choose where you want to go. However, if you like going around in circles, I guess that's up to the individual player, but I wouldn't suggest it.

...But look under the rules for the "Gust of Wind" chamber: the magic key chamber is treated as if it has arrows pointing in all directions, and the harp, when placed next to it, DOES require you to move in that direction.