Move in adjacent regions only ?

By Maximed, in Chaos in the Old World

Hi all,

During our last plays (we only have a few games done yet), one of the players (treacherously playing Tzeentch - of course) reread the move rules and understood that he may move his units, on the board, from one area to any other adjacent with an area with any of his units, instead of fromone area to an adjacent one (which was how we played until then).

I'm not sure if I'm clear, so I'll give an example :

1 - Can a cultist in the Arid Lands move to the Land of Trolls, for one power point, if he has a fellow cultist in Norsca ?

2 - Can a cultist in the Arid Lands only move to Border Principalties, for one power point ?

It is in the french version, so the clarification may be needed because of the translation.

I thank you for your help and wish you a nice day

Max

Your Tzeentch player is playing correctly from what I understand in your post. For the purposes of basic gameplay, there is no distinction between moving a piece already on the board or placing a new piece on the board from your stockpile. So if you have a figure in Norsca, you can move any figure, either from the board or from your stockpile, into Troll Country.

Thanks a lot,

We won't make this mistake again.

Bye

Max

Just remember that in some instances it does matter if a piece is being summoned from the board or from your stockpile. The specific Chaos card or upgrade will note this (for example, Horned Rat's Greater Demon upgrade lets you summon him from the board for 1 power, vs 3 if he is in the stockpile).