A Raven´s Song

By Masi, in 2. AGoT Rules Discussion

I have a doubt with this card, and some related to it.

I´m sorry I don´t have the text in English of the card (Tzumainn where are you? preocupado.gif )

This plot says (at least in Spanish) that the effect that changes the season to winter or summer is "inactive" while it is revealed.

I suppose that inactive is a kind of "temporally cancelled", because I haven´t find any word about "Inactives effects" in the FAQ only about "cancel" and that a Constant Ability cannot be cancelled. (I suppose that´s the reason of the word Inactive)

So...

1.- As the ravens cards are written, the extra gold (or less) is not inactive and still affect the income. (I guess)

2.- If the season effect is inactive, the season changes to "neutral"? If so, a character with Demon´s Dance will die when another plot is revealed (unless other player revealed the same plot)

Is it just inactive for effects that are affected for seasons but the season remains "nominally" the same so Demon´s Dance effect is not triggered when the plot goes to used pile.?

Thanks

Spain must be ahead of the game because "The Raven's Song," both the Chapter Pack and the plot which, according to your post, seems to have the same name, have not been released in the US yet.

If the text on the card is something like the "effects that would make it Summer or Winter are inactive" (I assume the plot has the Raven trait, or else it won't make any difference...), then you are correct that the word "inactive" would need to be used instead of "canceled" because you cannot cancel a constant effect. The closest equivalent is making a card blank.

If this is the case, then Black Raven and White Raven essentially lose the "It is Summer/Winter" part of their text. That makes it no season at all, just as if the attachments were not in play.

From the way you describe it, the income modifying text (extra gold for Summer, less gold for Winter) would technically still be active, but since it is no longer Summer or Winter, their play restrictions wouldn't be met and they wouldn't actually be able to do anything. Income would thus NOT be affected, despite the effects being active because they rely on the season.

When the plot goes away and the season effects become active again, the season would change from "nothing" to whatever, just as if the Raven attachment had been played, so yes, Demon's Dance would be perfectly legal.

All this is conjecture, of course, because no one in the US (except maybe the folks at FFG, of course) have seen this plot yet. Thanks for the spoiler.

The text is more or less... (Translated from English to Spanish and then to English...xD)

The Raven´s Song
- Gold 4
- Init 1
- Claim 1
Raven. Any effect that changes seasons to Summer or Winter is considered inactive while The Raven´s Song is revealed.

(I think I can post this here since it has been already published, but if I can´t, please, any mod delete this...)

About the income. A Raven reads..."It is Whatever. Each player takes 1 more or less gold token when he or she counts income." I asume the are 2 efects there, and they are independent of each other since they have a colon between them, so I can´t understand why income is not affected (because of the Raven) if the plot is revealed.

As I see it, it only changes the season part of the Raven´s effect, not every one. If it would say "It is Whatever, then each player takes" then it would be affected the income because in that case, the gold is related to be Winter or Summer.

Thanks again.

PD: If any of you can read Spanish, the full soiler is here

Masi said:

A Raven reads..."It is Whatever. Each player takes 1 more or less gold token when he or she counts income."

My mistake. I thought they read "It is (whatever)." and on a separate line "If it is (whatever), take 1 (more/less) gold...." I haven't looked at any of the cards for a long time.

As written, yes, the loss of the season does not remove the income modification.

Well, I can't read spanish, but I could make out who some of those cards are. Greatly looking forward t this set now, as I think our League BAratheon guy will be, too, if Rey means what I think it does.

Rey is King, so the new Renly si great. (This week, Bara makes 1 and 3rd in our league and he was a key on that)

For me, the most awesome card in the pack is Kraznys mo Nakloz, that can take control of attachments amd attach them to whomever they want. (Just in summer)

The "Pajarera" card (Birdcage?) allow the player to change the plot paying 1 gold. (The restrictions depends on each house)

And Sam draws two cards when a Raven card is played.

Wow. I felt there was going to be some wild plot mechanic in this set. Switching plots using the "birdcage," or whatever they will be around here (Rookery, perhaps) could be wild!

As for Kraznys mo Nakloz, I'm willing to bet that's a Mercenary trait, not Merchant. He doesn't really fit my idea of a Mercenary, but then again the trait may work with some other game tech in that regards.

I'm going to have to try and avoid this thread. I love spoilers, but normally I'm the one doling them out. I want these cards something fierce right now, and I'm starting to get some ideas for abusing a Legacy style Martell Princes of the South deck...

Would it be possible for our Spanish-speaking friends to post images somewhere? I would love to see what the new Renly looks like...

Trama is Plot.

Karloz is a Mercenary, yes.

And I´m going to see if I can scan some cards.

is it just me, or is it a little odd that the set has already, somehow, been published in spanish (maybe even released), and yet FFG didn't even post a single spoiler in english, much less announce in any way a potential release date for the set? what kind of ridiculously run company is this?

finitesquarewell said:

is it just me, or is it a little odd that the set has already, somehow, been published in spanish (maybe even released), and yet FFG didn't even post a single spoiler in english, much less announce in any way a potential release date for the set? what kind of ridiculously run company is this?

Well, the non-English cards are printed and released by production partners and not by FFG, so it's not like they are taking "better care" of Spain than the US directly from Minnesota. It's not unusual, actually, for folks in some parts of Europe to see things before the US.

Are you sure there is no problem about scanning and showing cards before the release of those cards by FFG? preocupado.gif

shouldn't be. I don't think anyone signs and NDA when they make a purchase. The only issue FFG might have is with the production company, but that has no bearing on what a consumer does once they buy them. There is no copy right infringement becuase you are giving FFG credit, so should be ok.