Is this based on GoW 3

By Curator, in Gears of War: The Board Game

Doom had an expansion and so did starcraft and warcraft. Do you see this game getting an expansion for each sequel also? Or is this going to include all characters (the female chick) from GoW series.

Curator said:

Doom had an expansion and so did starcraft and warcraft. Do you see this game getting an expansion for each sequel also? Or is this going to include all characters (the female chick) from GoW series.

I don't think so. I think it is based on Gears of War1 based on the characters, enemies, and scenario cards like "Emergence Day".

My guess is they will do one big expansion that encompasses Gears2&3, those characters, new enemies, and tactics from those games.

They may do some Print on Demand as well.

Curator said:

Description for the game: In Gears of War: The Board Game, you’ll relive classic moments from Gears of War™ and Gears of War 2™

Let's hope this does well so they can add the newer characters.

Lord of Winterfell said:

Let's hope this does well so they can add the newer characters.

Based on FFG's history with licensed products (particularly video game licenses,) I'm thinking this game will need to do very well indeed to stay afloat very long. The fact that it was stuck in development Hell for so many years doesn't bode well either.

Which is to say, let's all get hopping on the "buy it, buy it now!" train. Here's hoping I'm proven wrong. =)

I'm saving up enough for 1 copy at least. If they do expansion packs for the figures, I'll buy more of them....love me GoW tabletop action.

I have a hard time wrapping my head around this game. I will have to try it first.

I was on the fence about this one not being too into the GoW theme but it looks like a lot of replay value & I like the AI enemy.So I pulled the trigger,

OD

If it does well I think we can hope to expect expansions based on the newer characters and enemies.