Doubles

By tykemalcolm, in Moto Grand Prix

When playing the "expert" rules, and double 6 is rolled, and the player chooses to keep it, does both engine damage and wheelie effects apply?

Also, our group feels that the uphill and downhill penalty/bonus should apply as long as you are on the hill.

According to the rules, the penalty/bonus onlt applies when you are on the tile containing the marker.

tykemalcolm said:

When playing the "expert" rules, and double 6 is rolled, and the player chooses to keep it, does both engine damage and wheelie effects apply?

Also, our group feels that the uphill and downhill penalty/bonus should apply as long as you are on the hill.

According to the rules, the penalty/bonus onlt applies when you are on the tile containing the marker.

1) Yes, double six "hits" you twice, if you elect to keep the roll. You make your engine check, and end up doing a wheelie (or "stand up" and take a rear tire damage in a corner).

2) I wondered about this, too. However, I believe you have the correct idea. If you look at track # 10, there are several places where "flat" markers are used. If the "uphill" and "downhill" markers lasted for one tile only, there would be no need for "flat" markers.

TK

Regarding Hills - we play that the uphill / flat / downhill starts on the tile with the marker and stays until the slope changes (uphill to flat for example)

I have built several actual tracks, and use Google earth to get the elevations (i.e. the ups and downs)

I think the tile thing is a misprint. we play that the tile is the start of the uphill / downhill and lasts until you change (otherwise why would you need the flat marker?)

If you roll double 6 and use it, you make the engine check and "do the wheelie"

If you roll double 1, flip to double 6, you make the engine check and "do the wheelie"

If you roll 6 and 1 and flip to double six, you make the engine check only.