Disciples of the Dark Gods question:

By LETE, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Hello!

This is not a rules query per se, just a clarification:

(Beside's that one's in power now) what are the differences betwitxt the Ecclesiarchy & the Temple Tendency (in Doctrine , for instance)?... I keep looking for 'em but I can't find 'em!

Thanks

L

Who?

The Temple Tendency are the remains of the original 'Imperial Cult' that had power before the Ecclisiarchy during the Age of Apostasy.

After the civil war that resulted in the death of Vandire, his beliefs and the Imperial Cult he established (now the Temple Tendency) were declared heretical and the Imperial Cult became the official religion of the Imperium

Addition to the above:

Whilst it doesn't seem heretical, the fact that the Inquisition and Ecclesiarchy declared it so means that anyone who follows their beliefs is a heretic, even if at first glance, the Temple seems to follow the Imperial Creed.

I think both groups preach the same doctrine, its just they both place different emphasise on the importance of the Imperial Creed.

The TT essentially believes that all Imperial power should a ultimately rest in there hands. That as guardians of the faith they are the only people who can correctly divine the Emperors will and therefore lead the Empire.

The Ecclesiarchy, keen to avoid a second Vandire believes that total power shouldn’t be consolidated into any one group or organisation, and therefore are happy(ish) to share power with the Administration, Adeptus Terra, High Lords etc.

Therefore both groups probably put special emphasis or spin on those parts of the Imperial Creed which support there respective arguments.

Hi

Thanks for the input!

So, it's like the Catholics & Anglicans , or (even closer) the Orthodox & the Catholics ?

L

Who?