Faction strengths and weaknesses

By guest39570, in A Game of Thrones LCG

I am checking out this and the Warhammer invasion LCG. I was wondering if there was a place to find a breakdown of play styles/strengths and weaknesses of each house?

Just trying to get a little bit more info before making a purchase.

Welcome!

Check out this . And this .

A while back, there was a thread over on the LOTR LCG boards comparing the other three LCGs. You can find it here . Here 's another similar thread. Disregard the opinion of people who claim AGoT is an inferior 2-player game. They don't know what they're talking about. gui%C3%B1o.gif

HTH.

Thank you very much. That information helped cinch which game we went for. Looking at things a little more closely I really like the Maesters and the chain mechanic. Are there particular houses they work well with (the top three contenders are Martell, Targaryen, and Lannister because of their mechanics and descriptions) or do Maesters work well with most houses?

Conviviacr said:

Thank you very much. That information helped cinch which game we went for. Looking at things a little more closely I really like the Maesters and the chain mechanic. Are there particular houses they work well with (the top three contenders are Martell, Targaryen, and Lannister because of their mechanics and descriptions) or do Maesters work well with most houses?

Well, half the chapter packs of the cycle aren't out yet, so there will likely be more builds and strategies evolving as things get released. The agenda and the chains are very versatile, so you can pick elements to suit very different decks, I should think.

Martell is by far the easiest fit for a dedicated maester deck simply because they have so many in-house maesters already. Lannister works quite nicely as well, as they have the gold to afford some out-of-House cards, if need be, and the copper link in conjunction with Lannister's Lion's Gate and out-of-House Old Nan makes for a great trait manipulation oriented deck (currently my favorite deck to play).

I'm not sure Targaryen is really a good house to run maesters out of. They have almost no existing in-house maester/learned cards. I see them more as a potential anti-maester house, with their attachment control and strong directed kill.

As for the other houses, I haven't seen any maester oriented builds yet, but I'm sure there will be some in the future. Somebody did play a Greyjoy deck focused on trait manipulation with maester agenda/copper link and did reasonably well at one of the regional events, I believe.

Thank you for the info. I was a little surprised about Targaryen given Dragon Lore. I kind of assumed that would mean they had some Maesters on hand. Good to know though.

Conviviacr said:

Thank you for the info. I was a little surprised about Targaryen given Dragon Lore. I kind of assumed that would mean they had some Maesters on hand. Good to know though.

There's Maester Aemon, and I think there's a non-unique maester coming in one of the future chapter packs, and I think that's it. There's a bunch of neutral maesters now which they can use, of course, but I they definitely don't have a strong in-house foundation for maesters.