Only several scenarios per expansion?

By dickens1853, in Battlelore

I have the base Battlelore game, and haven't exhausted it yet, as 10 scenarios provides plenty of action. However, at some point I will probably want to get an expansion. One thing I noticed: the expansions typically come with only a handful of new scenarios. Does this mean I can use a particular expansion with only those scenarios, or were the expansions designed with the intent that we would create our own scenarios? Seems like a bit of a waste to buy an expansion for only a handful of new scenarios, unless they are backwards compatible (that is, all expansions can be played with the original 10 base scenarios).

Thanks.

Dickens,

I`m sure with scenario editors and your own imagination you can play different scenarios, not only those attached to expansions/core set.
Expansions also contain random scenario cards, so you can actually combine all of those to play multiply different scenarios.

Sky is the limit ;-)

Dickens, you probably are perhaps looking for the expansion by the name of Call to Arms. that allows you to create your own army. That would be the idea expansion for you to get.

Yes, most expansions do only include a few scenarios to use the new units in that particular expansion. Sadly there is no scenario creator software that I'm aware of for Battlelore. But i suspect other people will pipe in talking about another software package or 2 that is a good facsimile for one.

Cab

If you don't mind good old paper then I have a 12 or so random half maps which a player can either randomly select or choose (or choose for your opponent) so that will give 140+ random maps which when combined with Call to Arms* should keep you gaming for a week or two.

*or you could just choose a troop deployment in one of the scenario books at a pinch.

Just follow the link in my sig - it does have a fair bit of other BL related bumpf too.

Chris