Archetypes - Renegade vs Apostate

By Morangias, in Black Crusade

Since no store in my country participates in the Free RPG Day, I didn't have a chance of looking at Broken Chains yet. From the spoilers here and reviews on the web, I understand one of the pregen characters has a Renegade archetype.

Now, what baffles me is from what I've read so far, the Renegade seems very similar to the released Apostate - both are human, both have a strong social focus. Hence, my question to those who have already seen Broken Chains - is there any difference between the two?

Motivation mostly.

Renegades are probably closer to anarchists in the truest sense they simply dont give a **** about societies rules and niceties as long as they get what they want (be it simple as revenge or hacking out an empire) The Apostate comes from a religious background, however they've formally or covertly renounced the affiliation with that organisation and in the truest sense of heresy, they've decided upon another religious path thats either diametric or a defection from the sanctioned faith

Technically, Apostates don't have to have a religious leaning - some come from Administratum backgrounds as well.

Purely from guessing and without having read the adventure, I'd say the difference would be the focus of the class. Renegades seem to be combat/social hybrids while apostates seem more like social/knowledge ones. In terms of characters, think (pre-movie) Han Solo versus Leia - only with more Grim-Dark Chaos thrown in.

Thanks. That helps a lot.