Will some of the extansions be stocked again?

By whitemageMorgan, in Runebound

Hello,

Just wondering if the out of stock items will remain in this state forever?

The Midnight expansion and the individual card expansions seem to be finished now. They've been OOP for a while and we haven't seen any sign the'll be getting reprinted (FFG has officially stated that Midnight will not be.)

The other big boxes and the new Essentials box (which contains six of the card expansions in one bundle) are still in circulation as far as I know.

If your looking for one thats oop you should look around. many retailers still have some in stock.

And do look around immediately for those you want the most. They are in short supply and growing shorter (and more expensive) by the month and season. Looking up an expansion over at BoardGameGeek.com is one way to start. They often have listings for used and new versions. But likely you'll have to search wider than that. But first...

Do look into the Essentials box. It's a very sound buy, with six small boxes at half the price of the individual ones when they were still being produced. An as much as 1/4th the price you will pay elsewhere to get them individually. Not all of us agree that they are the best one's produced, but all of us usually do give high marks to least two or more of them. Some of us who own some of the expansions included have still bought Essentials as a better price to pick one or two therein that we don't have. All are at least fair, and you can't beat that price per small box included!

That is... if you're still around here after a couple months since your question.

I just completed a 2 week hunt for all of the expansions, last one arrived yesterday.

The rwo that were by far hardest to locate were The Dark Forest and Scepter of Kyros. I actually ordered Dark Forest twice, once from a Belgian seller on BGG that never arrived and then it popped up on Troll and Toad the other day so I snatched it up. If I end up recieving the Belgian copy I will gladly put it out to sell...

If you want to look around for some of the hard to find stuff, I had a lot of luck at this place, there stock is accurate and they've got LOTS of the early decks (Relics of Legend for one was tough to find):

www.timewellspentgames.com/html/searchresults.php

Also Boards and Bits was great for the big box, they are very resonably priced.

Thanks, E.D. Always looking for another good source on o.o.p. game stuff. Just ordered up the last three "Adventure" supplements I don't have. As long as you order three or more small boxes, and the S&H is added in, it was better price than I've found for any other RB o.o.p. stuff I've bought before.

JCHendee said:

Thanks, E.D. Always looking for another good source on o.o.p. game stuff. Just ordered up the last three "Adventure" supplements I don't have. As long as you order three or more small boxes, and the S&H is added in, it was better price than I've found for any other RB o.o.p. stuff I've bought before.

NP, did you order them from that site? Some places I've found you need to take with a grain of salt (sorry, but looking at you CCGArmory!) I was very impressed with Time Well Spent.

When dealing with Runebound expansions, and a site has something in stock, the safe assumption is that they really DON'T lol!

JCHendee said:

NP, did you order them from that site? Some places I've found you need to take with a grain of salt (sorry, but looking at you CCGArmory!) I was very impressed with Time Well Spent.

When dealing with Runebound expansions, and a site has something in stock, the safe assumption is that they really DON'T lol!

El Davicho said:

JCHendee said:

Yes, I ordered from the site noted. I even got a note 3 hours later that they would shift my order to a cheaper form of shipment that would still get it to me in the same amount of time. I had no complaints. And the price could not be beat. 3 small boxes for just over $30 USD.