How to drop the ball...

By Dwnhmcntryboy, in Blood Bowl: Team Manager

I love Bloodbowl, but a Deck Builder?!?!?!?!

Of all the games that SHOULD have models and I would not be concerned with bloat this is one of them!!!

FFG has done good with it's GW properties up til now. I really think you guys missed the bus. You should have reinvented/Updated the Classic Bloodbowl game and you would have made a lot more money. I like the majority of your plastic models and think you would have been better off to push for the tabletop line.

I guess you missed, what kind of games FFG is allowed to do with the license from GW. In short: Anything with a focus on miniatures is out - so no Blood Bowl, no Man'o War, no Necromunda or whatever.

QFT, Tanakor. People should do their homework before releasing uninformed fanboy rage.

I'm waiting definetly too long

wapcaplets said:

QFT, Tanakor. People should do their homework before releasing uninformed fanboy rage.

... or before releasing uninformed fanboy praise. :)

I did my home work. Just Deck building is not the way to go with this IMO. There are other formats you could use to support Blood Bowl that are better thematically. Deck building is the issue. Other card game formats or paper and Pencil would be my preference.

This isn't a deckbuilder either. It does have a small deckbuilding component, but that's not the point of the game and you could play an entire game and never do any deckbuilding if you like. I've only shown the game to one fan of the miniatures game so far and he LOVES this game. Absolutely raves about it. I think FFG has done a good job here.

Trump said:

I think FFG has done a good job here.

Ditto. I've played this quite a bit since Gen Con, and am really enjoying it. You could call adding all star players to the team "deck building", but it doesn't really feel like any deck building game I've played. It IS a good, fun game.

TK

The original game is still fantastic it doesn't need a do-over by some other company. Blood Bowl Team Manager is a great take on the theme. This game is awesome, FFG nailed it.

Tim Kelly said:

Trump said:

I think FFG has done a good job here.

Ditto. I've played this quite a bit since Gen Con, and am really enjoying it. You could call adding all star players to the team "deck building", but it doesn't really feel like any deck building game I've played. It IS a good, fun game.

TK

This game has a LOT more to do with games like Batteline than it does with any deckbuilder. If anyone wants to give FFG grief for a deckbuilder, they should head over to the Rune Age board. THAT'S a deckbuilder and while it's not the worst one out there, it's also nothing to get real excited about either.

I actually played this game the other day and it is not my cup of tea. That is very disappointing to me because I love BloodBowl!!! I am in the process of modifying some models to make an Ogre team and I have both games on PC.

I appreciate the efforts made to give fans of Blood Bowl the feel of the original. It just falls too far short and is less team management, more fan management.

I was hoping to find a game that allowed me to draft players and play "Blood Bowl" against friends and over time, by keeping a score sheet, upgrade my deck and manage my team. This type of game would have made league play a lot of fun!!!

Over all just not my thing and that makes me a sad panda.

I don't get the point: you was hoping for a board game with the same rules of Blood Bowl? That game was invented long ago, it's called Blood Bowl!

I have at least 4/5 friends that will never play BB in their life but will surely like this game, i think FFG made a great work: i hoped for more teams, but i think they'll arrive

Dwnhmcntryboy said:

I was hoping to find a game that allowed me to draft players and play "Blood Bowl" against friends and over time, by keeping a score sheet, upgrade my deck and manage my team. This type of game would have made league play a lot of fun!!!

Over all just not my thing and that makes me a sad panda.

So you were hoping for what Blood Magic Bowl the Gathering? Joy the fun of spending $100's of dollars to play a card game against other people that have spent $100's of dollars just to throw down cards for 30 minutes.

Or spend $35 play with 4 people for about an hour and have a complete experience.

Seriously though if you want to spend time crafting a team to play extended games over a long period of time why wouldn't you just play Blood Bowl? FFG made the right game with Team Manager.