Give it Soul!

By Old Dwarf, in Battlelore

OK I was led down the Garden Path by the orginial Pre-Publishing PR.(alas they had no 2nd Act).I have two base Games & all the Expansions and its a great game but it hasn't made the Table in over a year bostezo.gif

As Campaign Gamers we kept waiting for the Game World & Campaign Rules that were promised,so after playing the Battles in the Books it got rather old.Call to Arms helped but after awhile we needed a reason to play & one off Games just don't fly with my Group. I know others have created their own Campaigns (and new Races)but we wanted an "Official"Game World the Fantasy Alternative Europe as promise,the one that sucked us in in the first place.True we could have worked out our own but the current Races leave things a bit thin,Men.Dwarves & Gobbos will only get you so far gui%C3%B1o.gif .

Thus I hope FFG will give this Game the Campaign World its Lacking,I imagine their not tied to the Uchronia that was the basis of the orginial Publishers(It would be Nice though)but whatever this Game needs a World Setting to get those plastic Figs.moving.I've decided that BL has been shelved long enough so I worked up a Campaign Setting based on Final Years of the War between Arnor & Agmar in Middle Earth,mainly because I can use the figs I have (well baring some bird, & cattle riders,the Band & the Bagpipers).I also figure that the Heros Expansion will work nicely as well & if Elves & even Undead make it out,so much the better.My groups a sucker for Middle Earth & the Campaign will keep them interested so I can start getting some value out of the Game.If FFG gives us a Game World Setting it would be great but until then at least I'm playing.

Still it would be great to have that Uchronia Setting.

OD

I love the game as is, and do not require a developed setting to become engrossed in the battles, but nonetheless I am looking forward to seeing this facet of the game developed.

I still hope that Heroes brings us some RPG/Campaign elements, and that that it what has caused delays. If Heroes doesn’t in and of itself bring Campaign elements to the game, or maybe even if it does, I would love there to be a “Campaign” expansion somewhere not too distant down the line. Though probably better if further races were developed first.

A release schedule something like this is what I would like to see:

1 – Heroes
2 – Race expansions w/Call to Arms deployment decks specific to that race
3 – Campaign expansion

Agreed,I spent a bit of time converting My Agmar Army (mainly Gobbos & a few human Units) to work with Call to Arms.

OD

I too am waiting to see FFG unveil its "vision" for BL. DOW certainly promised the moon and the stars; hopefully, FFG can give us a good campaign.