New Sisters and old options

By Sebashaw, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Is suitable for new Sisters the old Radical Background "Denounced and Condemned"?

Can I use it with new Sister Famulous?

The same question for the alternate rank "Sister Oblatia".

Thanks.

I think BoM rules are only replacing the Inquisitor's Handbook, so the Denounced and Condemned package (which was in the Radical's Handbook) should still work. I suppose with BoM's "lighter" take on faith it should even work better than ever before.

The Sister Oblatia is a bit more tricky. Personally, I've always seen it as a "Repentia Light", existing only in the P&P and invented solely because the writers thought that a true Repentia would be too hardcore as a player character. Now that BoM introduced the Repentia career (if you want to call it that) the Sister Oblatia has become pretty much a Sister Obsoletia .

Yet, one could argue that the background package functions independently of the other rules for Sororitas careers in the IH, and would thus not be eliminated by the BoM update. In short, I would say it comes down to the GM and the players, i.e. if they are okay with FFG's inventions and/or how they interpret BoM replacing the IH.

A simple side note: I think Inquisitor's Handbook completes Dark Heresy, because both were made by Green Ronnin, the other books change Dark Heresy, because FFG has different ideas.

The problem is: "Denounced and Condemned" and "Sister Oblatia" (I still like her) were made for a full Sororitas career; but Sister Dialogous, Famulous and Hospitaller are Adept and Cleric careers with the first rank changed.

Sebashaw said:

A simple side note: I think Inquisitor's Handbook completes Dark Heresy, because both were made by Green Ronnin, the other books change Dark Heresy, because FFG has different ideas.

Sebashaw said:

The problem is: "Denounced and Condemned" and "Sister Oblatia" (I still like her) were made for a full Sororitas career; but Sister Dialogous, Famulous and Hospitaller are Adept and Cleric careers with the first rank changed.

I suppose this could be fixed with a bit of houseruling, though?

I think the differences are enough to make it a new class. A Sister Repentia is atoning for her sins and remains with the Order she belongs to as a member of a SR squad until said sins are atoned for. A Sister Oblatia is atoning for the sins of another and is forced to leave the Order until the sins are atoned for. It is very concievable that a SO would be a member of an Inquisitors retinue in a manner similar to a Crusader whereas a SR would not. It's also concievable that a SO would be on thier own fighting the good fight, whereas a SR would not.

And AC/DC just hasn't been the same since Bon Scott died.

BYE

Given they released most of their classics in his time, yes.