Few usual questions

By Drakkkan, in StarCraft

Hi,

playing this game few times, but still learning something new :) Several questions, which I want to be sure of

1) Splash Damage - if there are several skirmishes in one Battle, Splash damage is "cumulating" from any Skirmish which is sucesfull (frontline unit destroy oposing frontline unit). At the end splash damage is resolved that way, that attacker / defender destroy ANY unit from whole combat for each splash damage card, not jsut supporting unit from skirmish, where splash damage was triggered.

2a) Assist unit. If I have in one Area lets say one Archon and three Templars, oponent attacking me with 4 units, only one Skirkims will be established, right ? (My archon and 3 supporting templars)

2b) if opponent strenght is enough to kill my archon, he has to destroy Archon, he can´t choose any of the templars to be destroyed (only way is splash damage), right ?

3) Mobilize - If I am right, first "part" of mobilize order is that player can move units on active planets and second part that he can move units from adj planet to the active planet, right ?

thanks for answers

1, 2a, 2b - Correct. I would only add that Splash Damage kills also units with Cloaking (Cloaking can be resolved only when you resolve separate skirmishes - cards for them). Resolving Cloaking triggers Splash Damage. Resolving Cloaking does not prevent text ability of "Nuke" card to be resolved.

3 - Incorrect, because movement doesn't have any additional phases. First part of Mobilize - you make your moves. Second part - you resolve a battle. When you make your moves just remember about area unit limits and what units came from other planets (they cannot be used to attack a base with Air Support module - except of BW, where you can have e module allowing to do it).

cyb3k said:

3 - Incorrect, because movement doesn't have any additional phases. First part of Mobilize - you make your moves. Second part - you resolve a battle. When you make your moves just remember about area unit limits and what units came from other planets (they cannot be used to attack a base with Air Support module - except of BW, where you can have e module allowing to do it).

thanks for confirmation. regarding point 3)

Does this mean, that if I have for example three units on active planet and three units on Adjacent planet I can move all of them and "join" together to attack one Area on the active planet ? (if enemy has no antiair and if limit allows). So there is only one step which contains both "actions" described from rules on page 23, right ? (move units on active planet and move units from adjacent planet to active planet).

Drakkkan said:

cyb3k said:

thanks for confirmation. regarding point 3)

Does this mean, that if I have for example three units on active planet and three units on Adjacent planet I can move all of them and "join" together to attack one Area on the active planet ? (if enemy has no antiair and if limit allows). So there is only one step which contains both "actions" described from rules on page 23, right ? (move units on active planet and move units from adjacent planet to active planet).

You only move units already on the planet to other areas on the planet. The units you transport over can't also move to other areas on the planet once they've been transported over; they've already been moved. There is no need for separate steps; units are only moved once.

thanks for answers. here is few more questions:

1) when executing special Research order and I take Technology card which is not going to my hand (but to the play area instead) can I still use possibility to draw second Event card ? Becasue special research is forbiding it only when you take tech card to your hand. Which is little weird to me, drawing 2 events card for one Special Order is kind of power and for example Zergs have lots of "put into your Area" tech cards.

2) Splash dmage is not triggered when attacking unit do not destroy opposite frontline unit, or just when having no strenght (attack value is less than defense value of opponent´s unit)

3) "destroyed" Cloaking unit has to retreat (empty or Friendly area on active or adjacent planet) or withdrawal (adjacent planet only) ?

I have just these two qouestions outstanding now>

1) When executing Special Gold Research order and I take Technology card which is not going to my hand, but to the play area instead, can I still use possibility to draw second Event card ?

2) I have planet where is only my Terran Base presented (no unit). Opponent (zerg) mobilize directly to this base Area (thanks to offensive module) and he want use Infested Command center tech. Can I destroy my base before he do it ? (zerg tech card is saying, he can do it only if combat is started, but I do not have any units in the Base Area, so no combat there).

1) Yes, you can.

2) Here it's questionable, and nobody knows what's a correct answer. There are couple of hints for each option, but I'm not going to look for all of them. Resolve it whatever you like to.