game purchase order

By Rixshaw, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Just played my first game last weekend after having the basic game sitting in my basement for about a year. We all had a good time, 5 players , age range was 40-11. Since it was a big hit I want? to get more of the games.Since I might not be able to get them? all at once, what order should I get them in?

Rixshaw said:

Just played my first game last weekend after having the basic game sitting in my basement for about a year. We all had a good time, 5 players , age range was 40-11. Since it was a big hit I want? to get more of the games.Since I might not be able to get them? all at once, what order should I get them in?

All expansions are designed to be independent, so there's no necessary order to buy them in.

Well of Darkness and Altar of Despair both generally make things harder on the heroes, whereas Tomb of Ice is considered to make it easier for them.

Road to Legend and Sea of Blood add an Advanced Camapign game on top of the normal dungeon crawling goodness, but I wouldn't recommend those ones first. They make the game a lot more complicated, and if you've only just started playing the base game, it would be better to get a handle on that before adding all the extra complexities of the AC game.

I'd suggest starting with one of the three vanilla expansions, based on whether you want to make things harder or easier for the hero players. Which one doesn't matter - they all work equally well with just the base game. I prefer Well of Darkness myself.

Thanks for the time and information. I feel better about buying my next expansion.