100% ready for this game

By pumpkin, in Elder Sign

Really liking LOTR LCG with it's solo play option an wishing CoC LCG was also solo and along comes Elder Sign!!!

As it is a Silver Line Game does that mean it will not be high on the number of expansions produced, compared to AH, for instance?

I would think if the Game sells well we'll see Expansions,the Theme seems made to be added to.FFG might find this a vehicle to expand the Mythos beyond AH/MoM Arkham Locations.Mountains of Madness comes to mind but there are Mythos sights all over the world.

OD

I love standalone games! Sometimes, an expansion or two is great but on the whole I rather prefer "an experience out of one box"!

bluecrane said:

I love standalone games! Sometimes, an expansion or two is great but on the whole I rather prefer "an experience out of one box"!

Me too. Not many silverline games get expansions but there has been a couple exceptions like space hulk and scarab lords sequel/expansion minotaur lords.

No too eager to see expansions as it is nce to see FFG make some games that are entirely complete as it is. Thank goodness for silverline for those who hate constant upkeep. Not every game they make needs to be expanded.

True, but of all of FFG's titles, the mythos-line is by far their juggernaut. Arkham Horror revolutionized the way they made games, and I think that anything Arkham Horror related is considered to be their "baby."

I think we'll see some Print on Demand stuff for Elder Sign once it finishes its initial circulation.

How does that print on demand stuff work anyway? Is the quality up to scratch? I do like my components to be top notch so not sure if I like the idea of something that's been run off an ink-jet somewhere ;-)

Doc Belmont said:

I think that anything Arkham Horror related is considered to be their "baby."

I would like to agree with this, but you should tell this to the fans of the Call of Cthulhu LCG. They more than anyone are aware of how badly FFG mismanage promoting this specific chaosium licensed property in comparison to their other three lcgs. Not wholly FFG's fault, but they do have a large say in its success or failure with consumers especially those who are loyal to the chaosium brand. Or how badly Mansions of Madness was handled in the error department. If the chaosium license really was their 'baby' then it would be better nurtured.

I am sure judging by CP's recent remarks about another silverline title, Arcana, being a "Core Version" of a game that we will see a few silverline titles be supported by POD at the very least.

Warth0g said:

How does that print on demand stuff work anyway? Is the quality up to scratch? I do like my components to be top notch so not sure if I like the idea of something that's been run off an ink-jet somewhere ;-)

Sorry for the double post, but multiquoting really stinks with FFG's forumware.

I haven't personally seen the space hulk death angel POD cards, but I have heard a lot of positive remarks from those that have. If they are anything like the quality found in other aftermarket printing solutions as Artscow, then the print quality may very well be better in some cases than FFG's other products that are contracted out to other printers.

Old Dwarf said:

I would think if the Game sells well we'll see Expansions,the Theme seems made to be added to.FFG might find this a vehicle to expand the Mythos beyond AH/MoM Arkham Locations.Mountains of Madness comes to mind but there are Mythos sights all over the world.

OD

YESSSSSSSSSSS....MoM would be awesome to have as an expansion. I am soooo planning on snatching this game up...and if MoM came along, and the game doesn't suck...****** that up to.

Though, not all the stories would be good....The Nameless City, even though it's a great story, or the Strange High House in the Cliff.