Complete Lizardmen Army Fan Expansion - download in first post

By Boromir_and_kermit, in Battlelore

G'day guys,

Just wanted to share some work I've done recently creating a Lizardmen army list for Battlelore. There are a slew of units, two monsters and the promise of racial heroes and CTA decks.

We have all waiting long enough to find out what's happening with Battlelore, so I got off my behind and have started creating lists. Maybe if we start playtesting lists on this forum and creating some interest, FFG will hurry up and bring out some more armies! We all know they're out there. Even Eric @ DOW explicitly said that more armies were coming - lets hope that FFG makes this happen.

I want to balance these out first before publicly posting the racial heroes and CTA cards for the army. So if you download these and play them, please post some feedback so I can get this balanced.

I'd be extremely interested to see how different this is from Richard Borg's Lizardman/Reptilian army list - its always interesting to see how different people represent things. I kind of feel that the rivers and waterways are really too important as tactical points to let a whole race move through them freely, so I haven't quite gone that path. I've put in some new powers there, but have tried to restrain myself. Despite this, I think it will need some further balancing. I'm not too sure on the Poison Dart Gun stats, but wanted to represent it somehow.

boromirandkermit.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/lizardmen-in-battlelore.pdf

Anyways, would love to hear your feedback. This is the first in a series of lists that I've done, so once this one is balanced, I'll move onto the next.

Have fun!

Cheers,
Ben.

Awesome Ben!

I posted some of my initial (and probably poorly considered) thoughts over at BGG - would you prefer I post here or there?

Cheers,

Giles.

Awesome job, man!

Any recommendations on miniature brands?

Either is fine Giles as I'll be checking both - I have replied over at BGG to your feedback (which is great!).

srcabeza, as far as figures go - I am in the process of painting up Lizardmen armies in both 15mm and 28mm. The 28mm army uses GW lizardmen figures that I bought before they priced me out of their models and the 15mm army has a slew of different companies. Khurasan's Newtmen for Skinks (they have bows instead of blowpipes - but I treat them the same as they are so small) - Their crocodillian lancers are also good for cold one riders. Chariot lizardmen are very good also, and the Black Raven foundry and Blood Dawn figures are used too. Splintered Light have a cool lizard model in their Dark elf range - they also have raptors that you can mount lizardmen from different lines on. I'm still waiting for their Bob Olley lizardmen and more frog sculpts (fingers crossed) as they whole Splintered Lands range scales very nicely with the Battlelore stuff.

Cheers,
Ben.

im glad to hear a new race coming up ive been waiting for two years

Hi there,

If you follow the link in my sig, you'll find 12 races, 13 creatures, freelances and campaign rules plus some other bits I'm sure I've forgotten about.....

I keep forgetting that there are a lot of folks round here who weren't around on the DoW boards - perhaps time for a miniflood..

Chris

I've always really liked your stuff Chris, but I wanted to really flesh out each army, so have gone a slightly different route to what you have. I've tried to imagine what units would be released if a full army pack was released for each different race. What would you get.

I have racial heroes for Dwarfs, Humans and Goblins too, but figured everyone was sick of them for the moment and would prefer some more races.

Cheers,
Ben.

Boromir_and_kermit said:

I've always really liked your stuff Chris, but I wanted to really flesh out each army, so have gone a slightly different route to what you have. I've tried to imagine what units would be released if a full army pack was released for each different race. What would you get.

I have racial heroes for Dwarfs, Humans and Goblins too, but figured everyone was sick of them for the moment and would prefer some more races.

Cheers,
Ben.

sorry for hijacking your post Ben ;-) Shadow Knight mentioned he'd only seen the one race so was just looking to give SK an instant fix
(My inspiration came from looking for minis then coming up with stuff for the minis I found for 15mm scale)

I shall quietly re-lurk so I don't interrupt discussions on you're grand ideas.

Chris

No problems Chris - but please don't take my comments the wrong way.

I don't want people to 're-lurk', I wanted to stimulate some discussion and different ideas. To reinvigorate this forum and to try and collaborate a bit more to get us all the races that we have waited for. No room for lurking - we need everyone's help! :D

Looks like you have some cool ideas. I have my own Lizardfolk units, and they were kind of fun to play.