Gratuitous Speculation Thread

By SuperKalelJorson7, in Elder Sign

I remember reading a thread a year or so ago about an Arkham dice game, I imagined something more like Dragon Dice or one of those Steve Jackson games. This looks WAY better than what I expected. The ancient once and character cards are beautiful. I love that the sanity and health markers are little brains and hearts in jars.

From looking at the pics and description, it's got 8 custom dice, 48 adventure cards, a cardboard clock (I imagine a timer of sorts), and a whole bunch of other cards. For whatever reason, I get a sort of Lord of the Rings LCG vibe. That's a good thing. With sort of a Descent style dice and maybe a Kingsburg kind of resource thing. I imagine there are spell, equipment and other stuff that's transported over from the other games. It also kind of reminds me of the old Cthulhu CCG "Mythos" that was by Chaosium.

Anybody else want to speculate or dream?

I absolutely LOVED Mythos CCG. It would be great if Elder Sign went a little bit into that direction, but I doubt there will be any more similaritied than the players trying to complete adventures.