Compared to the version on iTunes?

By Batei, in Through The Desert

How does the board game compare to the video game version on iTunes? What are the differences if any? I am trying to decide which would be a better purchase.

I havent actually seen the computerized version, but generally speaking I would prefer an actual board game. An app version does save time due to lack of setup and cleanup, but its not the same to me.

My biggest issue with the computerized version is simple. It is computerized. I generally feel that abstract game (board games in general) provide much more enjoyment when played in reality. Simply because if you are a visual guy you can easily think, concentrate and so on.

The iTunes version has it perk.

Its cheaper :)

So actually its up to you. Do you want to play this game seriusly or simply play it?

If you are feeling this is your thing go with the box. Not to mention that you can always try it first on iTunes and then decide.

IMHO: The app cant replace the board. (I own both still).

Get both! I got the Android version, it's great to play on my Galaxy Tab when commuting to or from work, or just consider it as an easy "travel" version.

It's a cheap and great way to discover a fun board game (for those that have not played it yet).

Is this computerized version using the same set of colors for players and the camels? I think the biggest problem of the boardgame version is that it often confuses the players with the player colors getting mixed up with the camel colors when reading the board.