One question about the game.

By Blinko182, in Death Angel

This question may have been asked, but it's no on the FAQ and I haven't found it in the forums.

When space marines travel, does that end the round? Travel happens after any phase, I get that. We've had it happen a few times where we travel after Resolve Actions due to that ability that lets you remove a card from the blip pile. If that happens, do we skip genestealer attack and event and start over?

Never mind. I found the answer on page 7 of this forum.

Great game, BTW!

I had this question last night as well! Er... what was the answer?

Destructor said:

I had this question last night as well! Er... what was the answer?

It does _not_ end the round. So if the marines use an action card that empties a blip pile, after you resolve all of their actions, you move to the new location. So you'd place new terrain cards, and if the new location has a special effect that happens upon arriving, you'd resolve that. Then, you'd draw the event card, use it's effect and spawn and move genestealers as directed. Only then would you go back to the start of the round and choose actions again.

r_b_bergstrom said:

It does _not_ end the round. So if the marines use an action card that empties a blip pile, after you resolve all of their actions, you move to the new location. So you'd place new terrain cards, and if the new location has a special effect that happens upon arriving, you'd resolve that. Then, you'd draw the event card, use it's effect and spawn and move genestealers as directed. Only then would you go back to the start of the round and choose actions again.

Curses- I was kind of hoping it would restart the round and give the marines a breather!

r_b_bergstrom said:

You forgot the Genestealer Attack phase.

So in this scenario:

• finish Resolve Actions Phase
  • place new Location and Terrain cards
  • discard remaining blip pile then create new blip piles
  • resolve new location "upon entering" effect
  • RESOLVE GENESTEALER ATTACK PHASE
  • resolve Event Phase

Obviously if you've manged to wipe out all Genestealers on the formation with your Actions plus any Door Terrain tokens, then there will be no Genestealers that Attack during this phase. But if there are any hanging on - you still must have that Genestealer Attack Phase.

TheWagon said:

You forgot the Genestealer Attack phase.

Yep, that I did. I was typing in a hurry, trying to fit in a reply before heading out the door.

Ok I was having the same problem. The way I did it for my first game was to Travel at the end of the round when a blip pile was depleted. When everything got laid out, I burned an event card to spawn more genestealers. That probably made things much harder in the end.....