Plastic Cement base gluing

By vrulg, in Battles of Westeros

Hi,

I just tried using "Testors Liquid Cement for plastic models" to attach the miniatures to their bases, and have come across some problems. I understand that usually plastic cement should cause the the plastic to dissolve a bit and run together, forming a very strong bond(it's basically made of solvents for plastic I think). This hasn't happened for me, the base and the model come apart quite easily even after waiting over night for the cement to set. There's usually a few white plasticy strands left from the glue in the slot on the base or the bottom of the mini.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what the problem is? I've tried washing a couple miniatures in soap and water, I read somewhere that the model releasing agent can mess up the plastic cement process, but this didn't help. The glue is supposed to work on ABS plastic and polystyrene, are the BoW figures not made of these materials?

thanks for any help.

I just used super glue. I used VERY SMALL quantities and it worked perfectly.

I might end up doing that eventually, but since I already bought the plastic cement for this I decided I'd try to figure out what the problem with it was first.

I use GW Plastic Glue works like a charm.Paints & Glue are about all I get from GW anymore.

OD