Scenario 9

By Adamaro, in Battles of Westeros

Ahahaha! I got answers from Rob Kouba himself! Weee gran_risa.gif

Just wanted to share my questions and answers I got here ... They are all regarding scenario nr. 9.

1. What does the term "to control" exactly mean? Especially in scenario 9. where besides houses there is also a demand for two bridges to be controlled, but have no control tokens on them? Must a unit stand on the bridge all the time for a bridge to be concicered controlled (game end)?
As for houses with control tokens, if I am correct, one unit must stop there, token is changed to that unit houses' color and unit can continue its movement next turn, but building is still regarded as controlled by the house(Lannister/Stark) whos' unit entered this building previous turn.

2. Burn
a) can a unit retreat into a burning building? (willingly or if forced by black flags and has no optional retreat route)
b) can a hex with a unit standing on it be made to burn/Can a fire level be applied to that hex?

3. Commander Clegane in scenario 9. is a red rank unit. Is that maybe an error? In rulebook page 24 is Gregor the Reaver designated as blue rank unit.

4.Burning down the siege towers/tents. If a fire level is put on one of these, are these destroyed this turn or in this happens Regroup phase?

5. I would also ask for an an explanation of Gregor Clegane The Reaver commit ability which says:

"Flip this card after executing an order to increase the level of all existing fires by 1. Then declare a direction. Spread up to 3 fires by two hexes in the declared direction.

a) area of effect here is commanders' ZOC?
b) if fires spread in a certain direction for two hexes, does this mean that lvl 1 fire levels are placed in these hexes? What if these hexes are plains or hills (no burn effect)?
c)what if units stand in hexes where fire is to be spread?

ANSWERS:

1) In the case you are talking about in Scenario 9, it refers to having a unit on that particular location so you would have to have a unit on the bridge in question to score at the game's end. You are correct as far as anything marked with a control marker (referred to as controlling objectives on pg. 3 of the Battle Plans).

2) a) No.
b) Yes. This is done usually by a fire spreading onto the hex where the unit is.

3) His rank is red for that scenario.

4) Immediately (like the tent).

5) a) No.
b) Yes. Think of it as the fire spreading once with a level one fire and then that level one fire spreading and causing another level one fire. So if you were spreading a fire adjacent to a river and chose the direction of the river, it would not spread at all. It wouldn't cause a level one fire to sprout up on the other side of the river. Does that make sense? Just so you know though, not having a burn effect does not necessarily mean that the hex does not have the capability to have fire. For example, the 4 after the Burn Threshold for plains means that you can place up to four levels of fire on that particular hex.
c) The fire is placed normally and the unit has the possibility of taking damage in the Regroup Phase.

Happy Gaming!

FFG

What is the rationalization for Clegane being able to spread fires all over the battlefield?