Sneak Peeks

By borithan, in Black Crusade

Well, what do people think about the previews of the two "archetypes"? I noticed a few of things. Parry seems to be a skill now (Heretek has the choice of Dodge or Parry in his selection). Also Weapon Talents are now purely by type, rather than class (So Weapon Training (Plasma) and no, Pistol Training, Basic Training etc).

It also looks to me that for the "non-Space Marine" level they are aiming more at Rogue Trader than Dark Heresy, at least if the Heretek's gear is anything to go by.

Looks a little higher than rogue trader, maybe rank 2.

There are some mysteries there though, like what Cold Hearted does, or what "Primariy weapon training" is.

Did I just miss something? Or does the Forsaken not have any starting Armor? Unless maybe that's a part of the "Race" package instead of class?

And also, not entirely sure on Forsaken, cool from a fluff standpoint,. Seem bothersome from a group coherency standpoint.

Dulahan said:

Did I just miss something? Or does the Forsaken not have any starting Armor? Unless maybe that's a part of the "Race" package instead of class?

Well he does have to be a Chaos Space Marine.

Makes me wonder. Hereteks have to be "human". Does that mean human in contrast to an alien PC race or human in contrast to superhuman CSM? In the latter case that would probably mean that Iron Warriors got the final kick in the teeth.

I have to say, I like the design of the pages.

"Chaos Bikers of the Outer Wastes" is also a badass name. :P

I love the Heretek archetype. I've already called dibs on it for the first BC campaign we'll play :)

SomVone said:

There are some mysteries there though, like what Cold Hearted does, or what "Primariy weapon training" is.

borithan said:

SomVone said:

MY guess is that it is imply a typo and it is meant to be "Primitive".

not sure about that. I think Primary weapons is gonna be a catchall for Solid Projectile weapons. by that assumption, what would normally be SP basic and pistols will be handled by a single talent

TBH, my guess for primary weapons would be mounted guns, like titan cannons and artillery. I'm mostly just basing off of the primary weapon rule from Apocalypse.