Healing wounds

By gran_orco, in Runebound

Hello. I am a newbie (I still do not have the game, but I will buy it soon).

Do you can heal 1 wound for each gold, or do you heal only one wound during that turn?

Thank you.

My reading of the rules is that you can heal as many wounds per turn as you want, provided you have the gold (one gold per wound).

One for each gold.

"Once you have added a card to the town’s market stack, you
may take any number of the following actions in any order, as
many times as you want and can afford
" (p. 5)

emphasis added

Thank you very much!

We almost always use the cheaper healing variant: 1 gold heals all the wounds on a hero or ally. This means 1 gold for each one not all of them.

I always thought the rules as written were too expensive and slowed things down unnecessarily.

Tony P. said:

We almost always use the cheaper healing variant: 1 gold heals all the wounds on a hero or ally. This means 1 gold for each one not all of them.

I always thought the rules as written were too expensive and slowed things down unnecessarily.

Does this accelerate the game? We will be 6 players, so I accept suggestions to accelerate the game gui%C3%B1o.gif

gran_orco said:

Does this accelerate the game? We will be 6 players, so I accept suggestions to accelerate the game gui%C3%B1o.gif

Buy a second game and set up two 3-player games partido_risa.gif .

RB is probably 3-player max and you want all those players to know what they are doing. Unless of course you have hours and hours in which to play. Anything from 3+ players and I would look toward Talisman.

gran_orco said:

It could... but mostly because you have more gold to buy stuff so you may or may not have to actually build up your character as much before dipping into the red cards for a win. It's not really about the wounds/lives, because if you progress more naturally through the gem colors, you'll have plenty of gold for lives if you've been making smart choices along the way.

And 6 players?!?!?! sorpresa.gif I don't give a squat how long a game takes, for the play's the thing, not the win. But even I might get a little worn out after a game of that length.