Stalemates

By Cidervampire, in Talisman

1. How do resolve the following stalemate situations:
a) A character using the poltergeist to keep on moving to the Healer thus rendering the Crown of Command ineffective.
b) A character with loads of strength and the runesword fighting a ghoul with loads of craft on the crown of command and the characters just taking it in turns passing a life counter back and forth.

Geoff

Cidervampire said:

1. How do resolve the following stalemate situations:
a) A character using the poltergeist to keep on moving to the Healer thus rendering the Crown of Command ineffective.
b) A character with loads of strength and the runesword fighting a ghoul with loads of craft on the crown of command and the characters just taking it in turns passing a life counter back and forth.

Geoff

A) I think at this point in the game, if he is able to enter the Inner Region to do so and get on with it, otherwise you win. If they are just going to continue doing it forever, then thats a pretty annoying thing to do and it would make the game rather boring.

B) This one is a toughie, as both Characters have a right to the crown. If someone else is in the game, one person could form a temporary Alliance and dual strike one of the characters. If it's the last two people on a square, as we have had happen in the past, we just did 'Rock, Paper, Sissors". A win will make the other player lose a life, until someone runs out.

When we get to times like this, my group of friends that I play with aren't petty, we wont make a game go forever just becuase someone wants to win. We can figure out some oout of game way to make it end. If the people that you play with can be game breaking douchebags, then I wouldn't play with them, it's just not fun.

A:) We play a house rule that the Command Spell distingrates the poltergeist. This also allows the person who had poltergeist a better run for the crown and makes it more exciting.

B:) This is pretty rare because usually the guy with the strength can keep taking items, so the scenerio would have to match exactly yours stated. Another solution is that you could both win, and rip on the other players.

How about Golden Statue? A Craft and a Strength char duke it out, exchaging the Golden Statue between them. Gotta hope for Alchemy/-ist.