The validity of the VP win

By Cabello, in Chaos in the Old World

I'm not sure about you guys, but in my group the VP win is simply a joke. I think we had a couple when the game was first released, but these days its is all about the dial victory. Every god goes for that and it is often a close victory between the various gods. Though when the errata fist came out that increased slanesh's dial advance to 2 corruption we somehow got it in our heads that korne had also been changed to require at least two kills in a region to get an advancement. now in our games korne has always been very competative even with this mistake. now that we have found that it is only one they seem simply...well...broken. with requiring two you could at least stratagize somewhat to keep away large concentrations of guys.

with this change it simply seems that the dial race has become even more fierce and the VP race even farther back into the dust. games often end on turn two or three now, sometimes it goes to turn four, but that is a rarity. no regions are ever ruined, and harldy anyone can ever make it to 25 pts before the game ends let alone 50. are we doing something wrong? or just have a really strange group dynamic?

Doesn't it take at least 4 turns to get a dial victory?

Unless we're talking plays with the expansion and seems doubtful, I think this is yet another case of people getting a tick for each dial advance token they get. So 4 tokens = 4 ticks. Which is WRONG!!!!

1+ tokens = 1tick

More tokens than anyone else = +1 tick

So most you can get in a turn is 2 ticks of the dial (again, pre-expansion).

I cant believe we missed that! That changes everything!!

Same thing happened in the first game we played lol

Unfotunately for us we've been doing that since the game first came out and never noticed until now!!