5 Players: How Many Old World Cards in the Old World Deck?

By Poor Dick, in Chaos in the Old World

I'm looking over the Horned Rat rules from the support site, however, I've noticed it doesn't say how many Old World cards you should use in the Old World deck... I'm guessing it is either 6 or 7...

That's a good catch. I didn't think about it before but now that it has been mentioned I don't see a ruling either.

I was wondering the same thing after looking over the rules.

How do we make FFG aware of this oversight in the rules?

I don't have my main rules handy, but can't we extrapolate what's intended. Maybe the 4 player card count is the cap they want for 5?

Or what was the card count for 3 players? 4 is seven cards...

keltheos said:

I don't have my main rules handy, but can't we extrapolate what's intended. Maybe the 4 player card count is the cap they want for 5?

Or what was the card count for 3 players? 4 is seven cards...

Extrapolating takes it down to 6:

3 players, 8 cards

4 players, 7 cards

5 players, 6 cards

I'm not quite sure how this would play out, though. I would make the a victory dial win almost impossible for Khorne (double tick 3 times; every other turn) or vanilla Nurgle (double tick 4 times in 6 rounds), at least in my group.

Edit: However, this would explain a number of the new cards; and why it looked to me like the new card set would speed up the game.

I've been playing with 7 cards for 5 players based on the reasoning behind more cards for less players. With only two targets, Khorne is not likely to get any dial at all, let alone double on round 1. It's more likely with 4 players, but that doesn't actually change at all with 5. It's just as likely as it ever was. If anything, it's less likely when you consider he can't play a card to get more dice with the Morrslieb set (yes, I know you don't have to use that set). It's really all about Khorne. The rate at which everyone else gets points & dial is otherwise rather unchanged. Make it 6 cards and Khorne can only afford to miss double dial twice (once with Franz's Decree). That puts him right back in Nurgle's old camp of being forced to win by points. Similarly, Nurgle can only afford to miss it once, if at all, and he would also be forced back into points. 7 is perfectly acceptable to me, but not so much with 6.

I agree that 7 is the number I will play with for five players. Of course unless I hear official errata that tells me otherwise.

Good thing to point out. I'd suggest 7 as well. Seems like just enough time for some of the Powers.

Since Horned Rat does not corrupt territories you still need 7 OW cards with 5 players.

Mr. Djingles said:

Since Horned Rat does not corrupt territories you still need 7 OW cards with 5 players.

Then do you need 8 OW cards with 4 players or 9 OW cards with 3 (if one of the players is the Horned Rat)?

Poor **** said:

Mr. Djingles said:

Then do you need 8 OW cards with 4 players or 9 OW cards with 3 (if one of the players is the Horned Rat)?

Another good question. This seriously needs an answer from the Devs. How do we contact them and get the ball rolling on this? It should be a very simple thing for them to answer.

No answer... Amazing... sorpresa.gif

I've asked for a clarification in the official rules query portion of the website. Here is the link.

www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_faq.asp

I suggest everyone here do the same to speed up the response.