40KRP Powered by WFRP3 Career Card

By schoon, in Dark Heresy House Rules

Getting ready for my event at www.kublacon.com/ next weekend, and this is one of the career cards they'll be using...

Acolyte.jpg

...and the card in action!

Kriegshammer

I do think this is interesting, but I also don't want DH going the same way WHFRP did, when I get a chance to play WHFRP, we only play 2e as we just prefer the PnP over boardgame style. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE boardgames, just, they are different experiences than RPGs and I can't enjoy a boardgame style as easily online (as in, each player has the core book at least and 1 or 2 others possibly, while the GM has most.),

I LOVE what you did here!! KUDOS to the great work!! I wish FFG would publish a variant like this, I would buy it!!

Cymbel said:

I do think this is interesting, but I also don't want DH going the same way WHFRP did, when I get a chance to play WHFRP, we only play 2e as we just prefer the PnP over boardgame style. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE boardgames, just, they are different experiences than RPGs and I can't enjoy a boardgame style as easily online (as in, each player has the core book at least and 1 or 2 others possibly, while the GM has most.),

Except you seem to be suggesting that WHFRP is a boardgame, when it's not.

Compared to the last edition? Yes

Using cards and items to help keep track of your character, etc, does not a board game make.

wow those sheets and cards look real slick schoon. nice job. how did your event turn out ? did the players like the conversion ?

Amazing work again Schoon. File share?

Jay H

Very cool, I would absolutely buy a boxed set for 40k designed in the WFRP manner.

Wouldnt be "Acolytes" a party sheet? I picture the careers as they are in DH, Assassin, Cleric, Tech-Priest and their evolutions as the Intermediate and Advanced Careers.

@Schoon;

Looks nice. I've recently converted my 40K rpgs over to the Strands of FATE rule set but instead of using FATE/Fudge dice I use the Warhammer Fantasy dice; it's working out great! The game plays faster and smoother than the percentile system and FATE gives us a ton of flexibility. The WFRP dice add a great dimension to the game but because I'm using the FATE engine I don't have the need to create "parts" for the game (cards and such-not).

If any of you attend DunDraCon in California next February I'll be running a Dark Heresy and a Deathwatch game with these rules.

Just came across this. Amazing stuff, id love to see a similar 40k RP box game set up

Jack of Tears said:

Very cool, I would absolutely buy a boxed set for 40k designed in the WFRP manner.

Me too! Me too!

Dear god no .

I still hope that they'll never ever do to WH40kRP what they did to WHFRP3.

Why would you even do that?

;_;

Simply because, to me and my players, it's a better game.

Now, when I buy a game I want a game with a solid rule-set, not a game where I must operate on the system because of the bugs.

And the WHFR has few rules. Another good point.

Sebashaw said:

Simply because, to me and my players, it's a better game.

Now, when I buy a game I want a game with a solid rule-set, not a game where I must operate on the system because of the bugs.

And the WHFR has few rules. Another good point.

I have not played WFRP3, but I find any game that requires proprietary props and dice to be a bad thing.

I want a sheet of paper, pencil, and my dice that I have had for over two decades. Having quick reference sheets or cards is fine. If I have to have wacky components to make a game function, that is not fine. It's one of the major flaws I found with DnD4E. I don't want to be required to use a stack of cards just to track the fifteen things that one feat, power, or spell does. If I can't shorthand a power in 1 line on a piece of paper, something is wrong.

As to your implication of DH needing an operation, that is a matter of opinion. That opinion is said by someone about every game system I have ever seen. Nothing is ever perfect to everyone. I find DH is as good as any system I have played in my 20+ years of RPG's.

To me, if components make my game better and more fun than it was in past, it is good, not a bad thing.

Yes, every system is perfectible, so why don't do that!?