What are considered "Figures" when refering to targets (such as spirit walker)

By player926804, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark FAQ Update Discussions

So while playing a descent Road to Legend session with my brother, we came across some vague rulings. Particularly the text on Spirit Walker.

When making a Magic attack, you may cause the attack to originate from any space up to 10(5) spaces away that contains a friendly figure (but not a familiar). All aspects of the attack (such as tracing line of sight and calculating range) are done as though you were in that space.

I managed to get lucky and get spirit walker on my starting mage character, needless to say it was a complete pain in my brothers ass. In one of the dungeons however, there were villager tokens (the prison dungeon) and we got into an arguement on whether or not the villagers could be valid targets for Spirit Walker. Since spirit walker said that it can be used on a friendly figure (but not a familiar) this doesn't really specify whether or not it simply means it can only be used on heroes.

I read up the faq and discovered that villagers are treated as figures

Environmental Hazards and Obstacles
Q: Which map items count as obstacles for the Crushing
Block trap card?
A: Crushing Block may never be played in a space
adjacent to a pit or any token (or built-in map element)
that blocks movement. The reason for this is to prevent
the Overlord from sealing a hallway completely and
preventing the heroes from ever progressing. This is a
list of all relevant obstacles, current through the Road to
Legend: Boulder, Crushing Wall, Rubble, Water. ( Villagers
are figures
, not map elements.)

This would lead me to believe that since villagers are controlled by the heroes, that would make them friendly figures, making them also valid targets for spirit walker. Otherwise wouldn't it have made more sense if the wording said "On friendly heroes"?

However I did not find this detail until after hours of searching, there isn't exactly any indicator detailing that villagers are figures outside of this FAQ. Which leads me to ask, what exactly are considered figures in this respect?

Also as a second question, if a blood ape tries to do a leap attack, is it allowed to turn after the leap to fit into it's landing zone? Or does the leap have to be a complete straight line meaning that the figure doesn't turn for the entire leap (Given that they use all their remaining movement points, it's obvious they can't turn after completing the leap).

No one has anything to add? Can I at least get verification on whether or not Spirit Walker can be used on villager tokens? Does being considered a figure make them a "friendly figure" for use by spirit walker?

Perhaps posting this in the main Descent forums would yield more replies. This sub-forum is used for the Descent FAQ update.

Jonny WS said:

Perhaps posting this in the main Descent forums would yield more replies. This sub-forum is used for the Descent FAQ update.

My mistake, misunderstood the forum.