Pursueing and engagement tokens

By Ser Folly, in Battles of Westeros

I found a similar question in another thread but it wasn't answered to my satisfaction...

My unit pursues an enemy unit that had to retreat a hex. Now my unit is next to the original enemy and another enemy unit.

Question: Do I put an engagement token between me and the taget of the pursuit's attack (e.g. the originally targeted unit)?

And there comes another one: Do Kennelmasters' dogs suffer from the ranged attack restrictions (max. 2 dice)? On the one hand my (German) rulebook says something like "units using a ranged attack", on the other hand the dogs never have an actual 'attack die' to start with because it is determined by chance (die roll). Do I have to roll and then neglect everything that is above 2 dice (blue or red shields)?

Thanks

Ser Folly said:

Do Kennelmasters' dogs suffer from the ranged attack restrictions (max. 2 dice)?

What I mean by that is the restrictions for 'shooting' out of a building...is there no editing function on this forum?

There is but or some strange reason it's on a very short timer. It really sucks for my "BoW Resource" thread. There's no way to update the original post and as I can't copy and paste the BBC code directly so I can't simply repost either.

Just got the answer from Rob Kouba and that it'll be worthwhile posting it:

"1) If you attack that unit again then yes. You could choose not to
attack or attack the other unit in which case an engagement token may
or may not be necessary.

2) As stated on pg. 24 of the rules (well English rules anyway), the
roll technically determines the rank of the unit which then determines
the base attack dice.

This is circumvented only if a Valor or Morale result is rolled.

Kennelmasters suffer from the ranged attack restrictions if using the
dog attack only when in a building as well as the forest (not specific
to ranged attackers).

Thanks for the questions. I will probably throw that in the FAQ since
even veteran players seem to equate the Dogs of War roll with directly
determining dice rather than rank."