Dropping quest items on the overlord keep.

By BenBenitrio, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

In The Road To Legend advanced campaign, Specifically the "blot out the sun plot", you spawn three scrolls and then the sun stone. If you collect all 4 of these items at the overlord keep you complete your objective.

My question is, can a lieutenant grab 1 scroll drop that scroll on the keep, and then go grab another scroll and drop it on the keep as well? So the overlord keep would be like the cities vaults except that they can hold infinite items?

OR

would I have to have 4 lieutenants each carrying 1 item moved onto the keep at once in order to complete this objective?

I may have overlooked something as this is our first play of the advanced campaign, but I haven't found any definitive information in any rulebooks or FAQs I've seen so far. Thanks in advance for any info.

I suppose I might be wrong about this (wouldn't be the first time), but I've always interpreted it to mean that the OL's keep can hold as many items as it needs to, and they may be dropped off there at any point.

Of course, once an item has been dropped there, the heroes have no way of recovering it since they aren't allowed to enter the OL's keep until the final battle. So they would do better to focus on stopping any LTs who have yet to return their packages.

In SoB, the heros are very well allowed to move to the keep location in all campaign levels. However, all quest items dropped on unexplored dungeon locations are considered to be in the dungeon and can be claimed only by completing the final level on that location - which is of course not possible before the Final Battle.

Thanks for the replies.

I was leaning towards Steve-O's answer. The only reason I thought you might need 4 lieutenants to each have an item is because it seemed like an easy way for the overlord to win. However this is my first playthrough so it is only speculation.

We don't have SoB, though we probably will in the future. For now I suppose we will play with the way Steve-O has reinforced, but if anybody could input further it could certainly still effect our gameplay for the better.

Hey, just wanted to bump this once and see if anybody knew for sure the ruling on this matter, thanks.

BenBenitrio said:

Hey, just wanted to bump this once and see if anybody knew for sure the ruling on this matter, thanks.

Read pg 25 Quest items.

Clearly, Lts can carry Quest items to the OL's keep.
Clearly, Lts can drop quest items and leave them in a location (though it isn't explicit that this can be done voluntarily without picking up another one, it is pretty obvious that this is the case - the only way a quest item can get into a city is if the heroes leave it there - and they have the same rules for picking up Quest Items as Lts, so if they can leave it behind (and they can, in the next section), so can a Lt).
Only cities are restricted in how many Quest items they can hold - and the OLs keep is not a city.

Nothing in any of the plots indicates that the Lts must all converge on the OL's keep with the quest items simultaneously.

There is no 'ruling' on this, because none is required. You've made up a non-existing rule - as it doesn't exist, FFG have no reason to rule on it!

+1 to Corbon's response.

Corbon said:

Nothing in any of the plots indicates that the Lts must all converge on the OL's keep with the quest items simultaneously.

There is no 'ruling' on this, because none is required. You've made up a non-existing rule - as it doesn't exist, FFG have no reason to rule on it!

Although I think they should have made this a bit more clear, I agree with you and just wanted clarification from somebody. I appreciate your response and will play it this way.