might be interesting .......

By Guest, in Wings of War

what do i really need to start playing this game , thinking it moght make a nice air phase for a dust tactics campaign

GrandInquisitorKris said:

what do i really need to start playing this game , thinking it moght make a nice air phase for a dust tactics campaign

Since you're planning on using it for dust tactics I'm gonna guess you are just interested in the WW2 version. I just started playing this game a month ago and I've been trying to build up my collection but all you need to start playing is one of the boxed sets: Wings of War the Dawn of World War 2 or Wings of War Fire from the Sky. There's also a deluxe set that comes with miniatures but I think that's out of print right now

One of those boxes are all you need to get started. Then there's also booster pack you can buy (the booster packs are a fixed set of cards) that add in additional airplanes and their maneuver decks.

But if you want to add the visual appeal of the miniatures you have to buy those all separately. Luckily for you if you're interested in just WW2 wings of war all the plane models are still available. I've been trying to get both ww1 and ww2 planes and a lot of the ww1 planes are out of print right now.

If you want to go with WWII miniatures, get the boxed set "Wings of War Fire from the Sky" and then pick up whatever minis you want. If you local game store happens to have one of the WWII Deluxe sets, pick it up and save your self a bunch of cash.