A world without Khorne

By Organous, in Chaos in the Old World

I just had a couple sessions yesterday, and one of them went without Khorne. It was rather interesting. I played Slaanesh and managed to make significant progress with the dial for eventual victory that way. The first Old World card that came up worked to remove corruption, certainly rather appropriate for the setting. I discovered something rather intriguing, though. Not only is Nurgle the beatstick, but he realistically could win by dial, too! He's got 6 cultists to use and the regions he wants for it won't change. If nobody puts out warriors to stop him (and it's not likely to do that in round 1), he can get 3 tokens per round while still working with up to 8 attack dice around the board. His chaos cards also help tremendously to this, making him tougher, allowing him potentially a bonus dial token, and let's not forget the Great Unclean One's upgrade. Unfortunately, the Nurgle player did not realize this (he's not very skilled at these things, but very enthusiastic). It would've been very interesting to see how that might have worked out.

Organous said:

I just had a couple sessions yesterday, and one of them went without Khorne. It was rather interesting. I played Slaanesh and managed to make significant progress with the dial for eventual victory that way. The first Old World card that came up worked to remove corruption, certainly rather appropriate for the setting. I discovered something rather intriguing, though. Not only is Nurgle the beatstick, but he realistically could win by dial, too! He's got 6 cultists to use and the regions he wants for it won't change. If nobody puts out warriors to stop him (and it's not likely to do that in round 1), he can get 3 tokens per round while still working with up to 8 attack dice around the board. His chaos cards also help tremendously to this, making him tougher, allowing him potentially a bonus dial token, and let's not forget the Great Unclean One's upgrade. Unfortunately, the Nurgle player did not realize this (he's not very skilled at these things, but very enthusiastic). It would've been very interesting to see how that might have worked out.

there is no true chaos without the khone