You wake up in a prison cell...

By Cifer, in Black Crusade

The setup of the Free RPG Day scenario isn't exactly new, but it would certainly be the first time the PCs deserve to be in that cell. I wonder how the scenario portrays the struggle for influence on the ship - the other introductory scenarios given were rather light on the profit factor / renown mechanics.

And it's sad there's no Free RPG participant over here in Germany. I'd be sorely tempted to conquer that vessel, rename it The Empyrean Queen and make it my flagship.

I wonder how long we'll have to wait before we can download it. I'm not sure there is a store doing free rpg day near me :(

So... the cover art?

We've got Cultist-chan, a Chaos Space Marine, and a Heretek. Interesting...

The CSM actually looks pretty close to Dranon - which would fit perfectly to Cultist, being her, uh, "guardian" and all.

Um... is there anything uniquely cultist-chan about her? That wheel-thingy on her back isn't exactly unique to the character, but then again, Ascension referenced Love Can Bloom.

Well, I brought this up with Mr. Culexus and this is what he said:

"I don't like to jump to conclusions, but I do kinda think so.

One main reason, I guess would be the fact that, generally, Cultists were never drawn with wheels on their backs. They were always drawn with trophy racks (just a basic 3 prongs). I ignorantly drew cultist with a chaos wheel/star instead. A female cultist with redeyes and a chaos wheel? Could just be a coincidence.

Very likely. But I will wonder."

I never even thought that the wheel could be exclusive to Cultist-chan, though now that he mentioned it, I've also always only seen the three-prongs-version. In addition to the wheel and the eyes, though, it's also the same hair colour and fairly similar clothing (just no bare belly). Plus the "Dranonish" CSM. And since the day we've seen LIIVI in Ascension I thought Black Crusade should feature a guest appearance of Cultist-chan (even wrote so on the forums), so this is kinda what I was sort of hoping for.

Maybe I'm thinking too much into it, but for me it looks close enough to Cultist and Dranon to qualify as an inside joke. Similar to LIIVI, or the "Drive me closer"-Commissar in the DoW2 expansion.

Yeah, obviously it isn't exact, but it is certainly close enough to be a more 'realistic' take on it. And I think that's cool. Just as the Love can Bloom one was awesome to see.

So that barge? "Hwee hwill cap-toor eet fohr Kay-ohs!"

What does "Cultist-chan" exactly mean?

Lord Ork said:

What does "Cultist-chan" exactly mean?

Google be thy friend. I didn't know it either. http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Cultist For me it was just a generic witch, CSM and Dark Mechanicus member.

I advise you not to follow too many links around there or you could get insanity points.....

Mjoellnir, I'm surprised to find someone with some SANity points left... XDDD

Indeed. :D

Oh yeah, here 's the guy's deviantArt page. Lots of funny comics!

Dark Heresy-related example here

That is one short assed Space Marine.

Looks sweet I hope I can get a copy.

Wake up in a prison cell with three or four close "friends" who are from the same Cult. No memory of what happened after planning some major uprising and summoning of a major daemonic incursion. Once escaping the ship, it's time to backtrack to where they were captured and what they had been doing from the time they left to begin this rebellion to the time they were captured. HANGOVER III: Sons of Slannish!!!