Favorite League scenarios for non-league use?

By Lindsey, in Arkham Horror League

I didn't participate in the league scenarios, but it did look like they'd put together some interesting setups for varying the game. Would you have any recommendations from among the scenarios for providing an interesting twist on the standard game?

Miscreants and Miscreation , the Abhoth scenario (#4) was one of the most fun and challenging scenarios our group played. We played it four times (twice in one 4 hours session, both losses). It had some good rules, and it was tough keeping the monsters in check. Monster surges in this scenario were not doubled, but we played with 8 investigators, so every time a gate opened 4 monsters jumped out. It might be a little easier with a smaller team, but should still provide a fun enough twist, especially if you want a challenging variant.

Feeding The Hand That Bites , The Y'Golonac scenario (#7) was also a fun scenario. Again, this is challenging as players have to control access to Tomes (we rarely went shopping in this scenario). Also, losing Stamina was nasty! Starting out Leo Anderson is a great investigator to play, but I believe his is form Dunwich, so I suppose you could decide not to allow him. You could also probably play this one without the Dark Pharoah expansion even.

I also liked the King in Yellow scenarios (5 and 6), but that is because I love how the Blight cards affect the game.