Rackham Games Reprints?

By RobbyReb, in Arcana Revised Edition

Was curious if there's been any word as to if Fantasy Flight will be making more games based on the former Rakham Games Ltd. world of Aarklash? I'd love to see a reprint of Rag'Narok, Hybrid, and Cadwallon.

I think he was referring to the Cadwallon RPG. It had an English language Players Guide and Secrets vol. 1 sourcebook....Secrets vol. 2 was only published in French....also, Secrets 3 was in development. An adventure module was complete awaiting publication when Rackham Entertainment liquidated.

I know that Cyanide Studios purchased the rights to Confrontation, but I am not sure whom purchased the Cadwallon Rights....

OH, I also heard rumors almost a year before Rackham's demise that Hybrid was being licensed out to someone else for a reprint with a new rules system....

I might have remembered this wrong, but IIRC, there were talks of a Hybrid/Cadwallon gamebased on the Okko mechanics. Sady I can't say weather those were serious or just a series of "what if" forum posts, but it was an interesting proposal - Okko is a very interesting game.

Lucas Blackwolf said:

I might have remembered this wrong, but IIRC, there were talks of a Hybrid/Cadwallon gamebased on the Okko mechanics. Sady I can't say weather those were serious or just a series of "what if" forum posts, but it was an interesting proposal - Okko is a very interesting game.

Nah that was a bunch of wishlisting and What if kind of posts regarding cadwallon City of Thieves (both Okko and City of thieves share the same designer)

I agree about Okko. It is a very underrated game IMO. It would be interesting to see a Cadwallon game that used such mechanics.

Any chance of FFG claiming more of this world and perhaps even reprinting this material even in PDF format?

Runeblade - The rights for Rackham's fantasy world of Aarklash were purchased by game studio Cyanide. They licensed out the miniatures game to CoolMiniOrNot. I think the rights for the RPG Cadwallon are still with the European translation company that FFG was using. Not sure about Hybrid, Cry Havoc, etc....

CMoN has plans to release the miniatures game again (I assume Kickstarter like all their other games). They promised a rules preview PDF to all those whom backed the "Guilds of Cadwallon" board game they did on Kickstarter last year. As far as I know no one has received that PDF. I know Blackball games was doing the rules set for them and they are still playtesting....it seems that the first round of (alpha? or beta?) playtests got very polarized reviews. They may have gone back to the drawing board on some of that.....CMoN also just released Wrath of Kings which is another fantasy mini game which features several of the original Rackham artists.

Cyanide also has released two Aarklash games through Steam for PC.

I would love to see the Cadwallon RPG or any (RPG set in Aarklash) Hit the market, but I don't think there is a good chance of that.